South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Invited Steve and Louis out for a pre Steelers game hunt at the field I’ve been to twice and popped mid 1800’s coins and relics.

Louis and I had discussed that there must be at least one old silver in that field. I had a feeling that one was going to pop during the hunt, but have learned to keep those intuitions to myself vs jinxing the hunt. Louis had ATP technical difficulties and was not able to use his headphones. The field is shaped like a bowl and the all metal mode beeping could be easily heard 200 yards away... Steve and his Deus rocked the old coins and made my premonition come true. I’m sure he will post.

Here is my handful. My Nox definitely found the most keepers, but could not zone in on any big coppers or silvers.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1575899521.001923.jpg

Then during another hunt I got a nice 21/21 signal where no zincoln should be lurking.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1575899606.007236.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1575899616.526469.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1575899627.906985.jpg

Good luck out there!

Upvote 33

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again for the invite Thad. You definitely pulled a lot of roundness out of that field. I only got 2 buttons, but I'm happy with the coins I got 8-)

IMG_20191208_144054978_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks again for the invite Thad. You definitely pulled a lot of roundness out of that field. I only got 2 buttons, but I'm happy with the coins I got 8-)

View attachment 1778180

Nice coins Steve! Thx for sharing. I’m positive the ATP and Nox swept both those coin spots. It was also weird how slow it was when there was frost and the ground was slightly frozen and when the sun came out and temps went up 25 degrees (started 22 ended 47) the keepers popped 4x as fast.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins Steve! Thx for sharing. I’m positive the ATP and Nox swept both those coin spots. It was also weird how slow it was when there was frost and the ground was slightly frozen and when the sun came out and temps went up 25 degrees (started 22 ended 47) the keepers popped 4x as fast.
There are still a lot of targets in that field. As much as I hate snow, a couple heavy snows this winter will really flatten things out in that field.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! As worn as it is that 2 cent piece looks really nice! I love the big green coins!

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! As worn as it is that 2 cent piece looks really nice! I love the big green coins!

Thx! I used the Andres pencils to clean and it kept drying out and turning white even with multiple coats of mineral oil. Finally went the Vaseline route and it stabilized at the present dark green. Each coin is a different preservation challenge. This one came out of a wet area of the property.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice 2 cent piece! :icon_thumleft:

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys hit it out of the park. Nice finds for you and Steve.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and congratulations on the 2 Center! :icon_thumright:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job still waiting for a 2center to hit my bucket. Seems corn fields farm land ect are honey holes. Great post thanks for sharing all those cool finds

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice!! Great coins, don’t forget to call me and Tommy (A2coins) next time!!!!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
THAT Coin is on my Bucket List...!
Great score! :thumbsup:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Fellas.

The NOX is a really good machine. My brother has been pulling up a lot of great stuff at places we've pounded in the past.

I may grab one myself with all the sites I know of I could probably pay for the machine with the things I recover.

They all do something different and seam to find things the last machines couldn't.

Problem is I have 5 machines now and cant swing them all. They are collecting dust literally and they are too expensive to just sit around.

Thought about trading the dues for a Nox but the Deus is a darn good machine also.

Best of luck to you and even nicer of you to share the sites that you have.

Jer

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Fellas.

The NOX is a really good machine. My brother has been pulling up a lot of great stuff at places we've pounded in the past.

I may grab one myself with all the sites I know of I could probably pay for the machine with the things I recover.

They all do something different and seam to find things the last machines couldn't.

Problem is I have 5 machines now and cant swing them all. They are collecting dust literally and they are too expensive to just sit around.

Thought about trading the dues for a Nox but the Deus is a darn good machine also.

Best of luck to you and even nicer of you to share the sites that you have.

Jer

Thx Jer! With the amount of finds you are pulling from hunted public sites, I wouldn’t even think about changing up your go to machine. We should try to organize some Tnet hunts in the Burgh in 2020 when you come out of hibernation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread