What's new

To ask or Not to asf THAT is the Question???

Davers

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2013
Messages
8,237
Reaction score
7,296
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Bear with me as I type slow [I NEED VOICE RECOGNITION SOFTWARE] anyway,, Over the past 2 days ive read a couple posts here on Gen dic. 1 was about bannd md in Cook Co Il & the origins of the proposal in which it was mentiond ? maybe too many people were asking CAN I + the same can be said about many Co., City parks where one could detect [under the radar] ,but now can not becaouse too many folks might have been calling parks & rec too much asking. As long as we Mdists filled holes and cut nice plugs in sod/grass every thing was ok. 2 -was today a tread on ? how 2 ask to hunt private land when the landowners lived out of state or elese were / there were only a couple responces so far but were like Dont send a letter dont call unless to meet , liability papers to be signed are a turnoff [ as well as written premession in my opinion] & Dress your best ,I agree with this one too [AFTER AN ISSUE THIS PAST SUNDAY] . Now to me in some cases its better not to ask as it puts you/ me Mdists on the 'RADAR' those cases WOULD NOT BE a property where someone is currently living[ except the homeless]LOL or fenced and recent /clealry posted no tresspass and abandond & foreclosed propertys [esp wity nosy neighbors.] In other cases ,Bank owned,owner lives/speaks Chinese ,many I know Guerrilla hunt those sights as they pick up trash fill all holes[even in the woods] & in some cases reported poachers & their presents there was never known excepy by the animals that saw them & the relics / junk items they pulled out of the ground that might never have seen daylight again. Right or wrong people will do what they want & if its hurting no one or no thing ? why ask ? to be put on the Govts look out list or to give the bureaucrats something elese to BAN. Seems like a no win either way ,just some thoughts. Time to clean wheats and other junk lol . Good day..D-VERS:tongue3:
 
Davers, I'm trying to understand exactly what it is that you're asking. Sounds like (if I understand you correctly) you are reading about posts on the subject of public parks, school yards, etc..., when it comes to the subject of "access" issues. Ie.: the old debate on whether we md'rs need "permission" or should "inquire of laws", etc... Verses just going (in the absence of some specific rule that actually did say "no detectors"). And you are wondering if the same logic can apply to mundane vacant abandoned lots. Is this what you're getting at?

This subject has come up before, but you've got to realize, you're asking this on a public forum. So no ones going to tell you "just do it" at those blighted vacant lots, or the middle of nowhere forests, etc.... No matter how innocuous, no matter how mundane or unseen, no matter how many short-cut trails criss-cross a corner vacant lot, etc... The "correct" answer "has to be", that you need to track down the owner (no matter how far away, no matter how abandoned and neglected). It's the politically correct answer, afterall. I mean, did you really think someone was going to tell you "just do it, since no one cares"?

In my city, we have a blighted old-town district (where the skid-row soup kitchen is). There's some vacant lots where the homeless camp out, that are littered with shopping carts, short-cut trails, etc... Next to one of them, a building was torn out years ago, and we got in there for some fun demolition site hunting (seateds, tokens, opium bottles, etc...). When we got to the edges of this site, we deduced that this old store-front district extended further into the next lot as well (which, as I say, was derelict and weed-choked vacant lot). We got the wild idea that we could shovel down along the sidewalks, to continue our own sort of scrape/demoltion. BUT WAIT!! who "owns" the lot? I did my research (went to the assessors office) and deduced that the lot was owned by someone with an Asian last name, in a city over an hour away from here. It was obvious they were the descendants of owners (used to be a "china-town" district), who had now long since moved away. And d/t the blight of the area, simply isn't worth developing the site (probably burned down buildings in the 1940s or '50s). In the end, we just simply "did it". But ......... go figure, you'll not get that type of advice, on a forum where some people think you need permission to go to a sandbox. *Technically* speaking, your *correct* answer is, you can not step off the sidewalk.
 
Last edited:
T in Ca I have trouble expressing myself on a key board. I know nobody will confess on a public forum, just was fishing around . I was commenting on the threads . Cook Co Il banns MD& a ? about I bleve it was . How to get permission to hunt private land. I know its basically "black & white" =permession to hunt -yes hunt . No permession to hunt =do not hunt. I was just wondering ,when you were inquiring about the foundation of the law in Il ? what started it/ how did it get brought up in the 1st place? Sorry for the confusion .Congratz on your most recent gold coin
 
If it's public property & there are no signs posted or fences, it's best not to ask. Then if someone approaches and tells you to leave, Kindly apologize and move on. If you start asking questions, it may alert them to to err on the side of caution and not allow anyone to detect there in the future. Don't stir the pot!
 
If it's public property & there are no signs posted or fences, it's best not to ask. Then if someone approaches and tells you to leave, Kindly apologize and move on. If you start asking questions, it may alert them to to err on the side of caution and not allow anyone to detect there in the future. Don't stir the pot!

Thanks for your reply .
 
I know a little late, took me a bit to get off the post away from those crows.

I look at it this way. The Golden Rule. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

If you were to ask me to hunt my property, and it has a heck of a history, I would say no problem. You were man enough to come to me and ask. Heck I'd even tell you some of the good spots to look.

But I find you on my property, or worse yet those that watch it catch you, and woe to you. I've had more then my share of folks so to say trespassing, for various reasons. Damaged fences, litter, etc. Those folks I caught I made em clean up and pay for the damage. Those the others caught were made in no uncertain terms to understand that they were not welcome. Nuff said on that.

And that's why many places are off limits to folks now. Those that went ahead of you didn't follow a simple rule of respect. And now those that come after get to pay for that disrespect.
 
Your correct

I know a little late, took me a bit to get off the post away from those crows.

I look at it this way. The Golden Rule. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

If you were to ask me to hunt my property, and it has a heck of a history, I would say no problem. You were man enough to come to me and ask. Heck I'd even tell you some of the good spots to look. Yes, your right I would agree. I WOULD NOT want ANY stranger snooping around my property. Davers

But I find you on my property, or worse yet those that watch it catch you, and woe to you. I've had more then my share of folks so to say trespassing, for various reasons. Damaged fences, litter, etc. Those folks I caught I made em clean up and pay for the damage. Those the others caught were made in no uncertain terms to understand that they were not welcome. Nuff said on that.

And that's why many places are off limits to folks now. Those that went ahead of you didn't follow a simple rule of respect. And now those that come after get to pay for that disrespect.
Your right I WOULD NOT want ANYBODY snooping around my property. Davers:thumbsup:
 
Your right I WOULD NOT want ANYBODY snooping around my property. Davers:thumbsup:

Because they might find the bodies Davers? :laughing7: I agree with the golden rule!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom