ReidMan
Full Member
- Joined
- Jul 16, 2008
- Messages
- 238
- Reaction score
- 116
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Hampton, VA
- Detector(s) used
- F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
Doing a little water hunting today came up with a surprise. A Spanish 8 reale at least a piece of one.
It has a chocolate patina on it. Not sure if I should clean it or not.


Ok I should have followed my rule of if you can see a date and ID coin leave it alone. I did electrolysis on it very lightly and slow, it came out terrible. Most of the markings are almost gone. Oh Well


It has a chocolate patina on it. Not sure if I should clean it or not.


Ok I should have followed my rule of if you can see a date and ID coin leave it alone. I did electrolysis on it very lightly and slow, it came out terrible. Most of the markings are almost gone. Oh Well


Last edited:
Upvote
20
I'd start with lemon juice and escalate from there. Outstanding dig!







