To hunt with a theshold or not?

Keyboardkowboy

Mar 26, 2013
Far nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Makro Nokta gold kruzer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not new to prospecting or metal detectors but I am new to owning a PI machine I've used the gpz a lot but never owned a PI so now I have a Whites TDI and I'm wondering rather to turn my thershold all the way down so I only hear targets or to hunt with a threshold like I see my cousin do with his gpz 7000? Any positives or negatives. I'm not a fan of bees in my head but I will keep it if I get say better depth.

Dave of WI

Greenie
Dec 14, 2020
Northern Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
GPX 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a GPX 6000 and hunt with the threshold on. I think it helps to hear the fainter signals,
and it helps me concentrate.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not new to prospecting or metal detectors but I am new to owning a PI machine I've used the gpz a lot but never owned a PI so now I have a Whites TDI and I'm wondering rather to turn my thershold all the way down so I only hear targets or to hunt with a threshold like I see my cousin do with his gpz 7000? Any positives or negatives. I'm not a fan of bees in my head but I will keep it if I get say better depth.
I had a TDI just sold it in preparation to purchase the new Garret Axiom
I always hunt with a threshold as Dave of Mi said with the threshold it makes it easier to here deeper fainter signals, it does take a bit to train your ears to listen for the signals from the threshold on those deeper fainter targets though I even use the threshold when I detect for coins and other things

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread