To refine or not to refine..............that is the question..........

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
My assumption is that it may go up after the election. But we will see, I am thinking of buying some gold to hold until then.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold goes up and it comes down. Once you sell off some of the gold rings you've uncovered after also digging up um tine pull tabs, they are gone forever. Still once converted into cash you are only going to buy gas to drive to the next site. This is of course if the wife doesn't run off to the shoe store for more of them shoes she'll never wear. :D

I've sold lots of gold and always regretted not waiting.

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman, So true ,So true :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:.........Cotton

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
A Trader friend of mine says he sees gold hitting as high as $1600 in about a year, give or take... I'm holding mine at least for a little while.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think of it this way, As much gold as is lost and found on beaches, if you need it sell it if not hold it. Its not like you will never find more gold on the beach, you can beat yourself up over selling one day and the price gaining the next but what if you sell today and the price drops out tomarrow.

Life is a gamble, live it with no regrets, cause no one is garenteed tomarrow.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I sell mine no doubt I would just spend it on something I don't need, but for what ever reason feel I have to have; I am just going to hold my gold at least untill I am 65.

I may be hungry and who knows how much Alpo wll cost then... ;D

Gulf Hunter

Jan 12, 2007
Galveston Co., Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 800s
dfxmatt said:
with the economy rescue package...........and now talk of a 2nd stimulus package...........gold seems down more than it has been for a while.....round 750 now.....should we sell now???????????

Hello mate, you could do as I do. I never sell anything, but I DO refine and buy .999 fine bullion bars, with the money I receive from refining. That way, I STILL got loot and it is a sound investment in the precious metals market. Once you sell your gold or silver, it's gone. You get the money and spent it on something. If you hold onto it, you got it, IF you need it, savvy? It is easy to check spot with .999 too. You always know exactly how much your lot of loot is worth. Just my 2 cents.

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Seems like lots of economist saving to add gold to your portfolio. So may as well save it.

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Watch the Dollar. When the value of the dollar changes it takes more or less of them to buy one ounce of gold. People have been selling their gold lately to meet margin requirements. Some " experts " see the bottom at $680.00 with a rise back to $900.00 if there is a reversal in the dollar. The only thing you can count on lately is volatility in the markets. If you need to sell, only sell half and wait on the rest.

Tek

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
If you need the money then sell. If you don't then wait. Its all up to your financial situation or how bad you want that new toy in your arsenal!!
LT

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
Sell if you must, and hold if you can! We ain't seen nothing yet... come the spring.. Our Gold will be $$$$$$$ shaka Mikey :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread