What's new

To stir the pot on public parks issue:

Re: To stir the pot on public park's issue:

Don't you get tired of your tax dollars being used for parks and public lands you can't use for your hobby, though?

One of my best days was while fighting a "horizon to horizon" use ban in Wyoming (the Forest Service and a couple other agencies wanted to 'protect' some land that has old stage tracks on it - and some other things, but, part of it was private, part was Forest Service and part was BLM Land - they wanted to eminent domain it and make a horizon to horizon safety zone around them).

I think every person in Wyoming showed up to the meeting (not very populated, though), but I remember the BLM guy saying something to the affect that we all had to work together - we owned land, the Forest Service owned land, and the BLM owned land - so we were all fellow landowners.

I almost caused a riot by standing up and saying to him "Sir, with no disrespect intended, WE are landowners - The Forest Service and the BLM own NOTHING - you, sirs - manage OUR public land, you do not own it". (Of course, everyone there agreed), and the people from the Forest Service and BLM stuttered a lot for a few seconds.

But that shows exactly how they feel - it is their private land.

Up until that day, I had suspected it - but I finally got to hear it.

And THAT - is our problem with public land, whether it is BLM, or Forest Service, or town parks, or whatever.

B
 
Re: To stir the pot on public park's issue:

mrs.oroblanco said:
Don't you get tired of your tax dollars being used for parks and public lands you can't use for your hobby, though?

One of my best days was while fighting a "horizon to horizon" use ban in Wyoming (the Forest Service and a couple other agencies wanted to 'protect' some land that has old stage tracks on it - and some other things, but, part of it was private, part was Forest Service and part was BLM Land - they wanted to eminent domain it and make a horizon to horizon safety zone around them).

I think every person in Wyoming showed up to the meeting (not very populated, though), but I remember the BLM guy saying something to the affect that we all had to work together - we owned land, the Forest Service owned land, and the BLM owned land - so we were all fellow landowners.

I almost caused a riot by standing up and saying to him "Sir, with no disrespect intended, WE are landowners - The Forest Service and the BLM own NOTHING - you, sirs - manage OUR public land, you do not own it". (Of course, everyone there agreed), and the people from the Forest Service and BLM stuttered a lot for a few seconds.

But that shows exactly how they feel - it is their private land.

Up until that day, I had suspected it - but I finally got to hear it.

And THAT - is our problem with public land, whether it is BLM, or Forest Service, or town parks, or whatever.

B
Score !
You can hunt my neighborhood anytime, just let me come along.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom