What's new

To the beach....

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
2,069
Reaction score
169
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so wish me tons of luck please :)


4 days at Holden Beach, NC. Public so should have good hunts if I am lucky!!!

2 1/2 days of hardcore detecting. I can't wait. Leave early tomorrow and will be on the beach very quickly with my detector.

oh the anticipation of what I might find. I am hoping tons of jewelry but a nice big old cache of spanish gold from long ago would be a bonus HAHA

when I get back will post my finds. My wish list of finds and what I post will probably be very different LOL
 
Upvote 0
Have fun and find a lot of goodies!!
 
Sounds like your going to have some fun...good luck.
 
Good luck FarmerChick. Bring home a banner find.
 
Fun, fun, fun!!! Good luck & happy hunting! Take plenty of pics!
 
Holden Beach, 1687, a ruthless pirate known as Greksmar is said to have buried several small chest filled with jewels and emeralds and Bud-Light! :icon_thumleft:
 
Hope you have lots of Luck and scoop up the big one.:hello:
 
so wish me tons of luck please :)

You got it, here's 8,000 lbs of luck coming your way.

I expect one gold ring per ton of luck- pictures please!
 
You don't need luck. Put in your time and keep your coil to the ground and you will do well. Can't wait for your pics of the results!!! Happy hunting!!
 
Good area to hunt. Watch wind direction and maybe that beach or one of the surrounding beaches will be pulling a little sand off the beach. Jim Brouwer has a great book out titled "Gold Beneath The Waves" that covers the entire area around Holden Beach and Myrtle Beach that is invaluable to any metal detectorist hunting that area. Best of luck on your hunts.
 
Good luck, hope you find some gold......
 
Good luck but most of all , have fun!
 
UPDATE on my finds.

miserable and more miserable

the list is super sad and not pic worthy

about 20 beer bottle caps
about 10 pull tabs
a few whole beer and soda cans
$2.50 in change that is new (so I can spend it :) )
1 small dolphin piece--off a cheap bracelet I guess
big chunk of metal
2 sinkers
1 'kinda nice but cheap made in China' man's watch. hubby liked it and it is ticking and new drop


and I walk MILES for the above. I walked so far without a beep most times it was crazy. Waves HUGE. no way I could hit into the water.

but one thing---I am learning my new detector better. After day 1 realizing it was kinda useless I decided to really learn what this AT PRO is telling me and I have to say I am really starting to enjoy this machine. GEEZ. DUH, when you learn the talk of the machine the detecting is easier.

and my arms hurt now haha darn detector seemed so heavy by the end of the trip. had to keep switching arms. 98+ days and it was rough but FUN!
even if we detectorist don't find that treasure chest, the search is absolutely fun anyway :) I keep reminding myself of that LOL

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE GOOD LUCK but I will have to use it on my next beach trip in Aug. It is 8 days at Edisto Beach. Will be intersting again I am sure!
 
Glad you had a good time.
 
Hi FarmerChick,

I've had so many days like the ones that you had; I wish you the best on your next detecting adventure.

Lorraine
 
oh yes more days to come like the one above for sure!! I hear ya! but there was tons of fun so it was all worth the effort :laughing9:
 
I guess the Bling Gods haven't been smiling on you either. Maybe we can pray together???? (See my post "Bling Gods, Where Art Thou" for my recent dry spell).

Good luck on your next hunt! I'll be thinking of you.

Anita
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom