To the person who shorted every dime roll in my last $50.....

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Ive had lots of cwrs where the douchebag shoves a penny into most of the rolls when there is silver in them its a little more tolerable

cecropia_moth

Feb 10, 2010
Yep short rolls $uck. Fortunately in my area of Wisconsin I do not have to deal with this as no banks accept CWRs. All the banks have coin counters and it is all MWRs around here and they are rarely short/long (at least for Dimes). But a lack of CWRs also prevents me from ever scoring the "solid roll".

On a business trip to Cleveland, OH in January 2011 I did experience first-hand a big time cheater on dime CWRs. Many, many rolls were 1-4 dimes short. But I did get even in my mind -- in $955 FV dime CWRs I scored (1)Merc and (16)Roos. Wouldn't have got that here in the MWRs.

Jeff

JT10

Oct 29, 2010
The Mitten State
I really think that it is mostly people who use a cheap sorting machine. There are only two coin counters that I know if in my area, so most people who turn in coin roll it themselves. Most of the rolls I pick up at banks are CWRs.

I got an entire tray of nickels last week, and the guy put his phone number on every roll, and all but one roll was one nickel short. I have had that happen with dimes as well. Last night I sorted a tray of quarters (because I am a glutton for punishment, I guess) and two of the rolls had a nickel in them and were short a quarter. I also had three penny rolls that had a dime in them. I think overall it works out.

Then again, I did get one dime roll last night that only had 40 dimes in it. That made me pretty unhappy. In the middle of the roll there was a couple of dimes perpendicular to the others, and made the roll seem more full than it was.

Oh well. That it why it is a hobby, and not an occupation. HH.

Stang1968

Dec 14, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped picking up at a certain branch because I consistently was shorted on each roll and also kept finding foreign coins in the rolls. I got $100 in halves there were someone's dumps, and every single roll was short by one coin. I contacted the bank and they credited me the $5. I also got dimes from them one time where many rolls were 1-2 short, and one roll even had 4 hong kong coins (the brass colored wavy ones) in it.

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
I just reroll them and turn them in, short or not. i found one roll recently with 5 extra though... that i WILL take lol

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bblair said:
thanks for not shorting me a '53 Rosie.

The last 10 rolls I went through (all CWR, obviously) were short a dime or 2. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, but a little frustrating. Being the model citizen I am ;D I made sure each roll was full when I re-wrapped them.

HH
bblair

Good for you.... I do the same... those who don't get what they deserve! yeah they are out there and on here... all I can say about that is one word...

I-N-T-E-G-R-I-T-Y

get some!

Chukers

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
chukers said:
bblair said:
thanks for not shorting me a '53 Rosie.

The last 10 rolls I went through (all CWR, obviously) were short a dime or 2. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, but a little frustrating. Being the model citizen I am ;D I made sure each roll was full when I re-wrapped them.

HH
bblair

Good for you.... I do the same... those who don't get what they deserve! yeah they are out there and on here... all I can say about that is one word...

I-N-T-E-G-R-I-T-Y

get some!

Chukers

+1

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfulladirt said:
You guys count the dimes?

if you mean do I put back in a roll what suppose to be in there? of course!

Like my ole pa pa used to say if you going to do something do it right and do it right the first time!

Chukers

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
chukers said:
fistfulladirt said:

Like my ole pa pa used to say if you going to do something do it right and do it right the first time!

Chukers
I understand Chukers. Time is valuble and I normally search $1,500 to $2k in cwr in one shot, I have to get it done quick. I don't think i've counted more than a dozen rolls out of a hundred grand.

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfulladirt said:
chukers said:
fistfulladirt said:

Chukers
I understand Chukers. Time is valuble and I normally search $1,500 to $2k in cwr in one shot, I have to get it done quick. I don't think i've counted more than a dozen rolls out of a hundred grand.

WOW! if your doing numbers like that I can see why you don't!

Chukers

OP
OP
bblair

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
fistfulladirt said:
I have a small bankroll, so with dimes I usually only do $100-$250 at a time. I empty the rolls and sort them out in groups of 10. I know this is waaaay too time consuming for most. I'm sure if I can increase this bankroll and do more, I'll just search the edges.

seinfeld4077

Mar 19, 2011
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i always get cwr's now, i used to do boxes of dimes and find 1 per box average, but i found a bank that only has cwr's i get about 300 worth at a time and get 4-7 silver dimes. i weigh the rolls first, i come up with 114 grams for a 50 dime roll. i get a few rolls under a dime and a few over, so i correct them when they are short or over, i only crh about 3-4 times per month. i have done it about 30 times and been skunked only 3 times.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
fistfulladirt said:

Only if I'm rerolling the same roll. Limited number of coin counters where I'm at; I prefer to save them for my halves. I'm even so anal about it that if I find Canadians I'll reroll them only if I recycle the roll they came in. If I don't count that roll, I keep the Canadians. Regardless, I refuse to cash in or deposit a roll that I haven't counted to be sure it's correct.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats all fine and dandy, but if I had to count every roll, re-roll, or deposit rolls, I'd be grey or dead by now :laughing7:
Just toss them into a coin-lok, and hoist over counter, get cash. That's the only way to efficiently do large dime numbers.
Apologies for veering off-topic.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
fistfulladirt said:
Thats all fine and dandy, but if I had to count every roll, re-roll, or deposit rolls, I'd be grey or dead by now :laughing7:
Just toss them into a coin-lok, and hoist over counter, get cash. That's the only way to efficiently do large dime numbers.
Apologies for veering off-topic.

Doesn't work for everyone, dude.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread