Tock tock, New detector is "out for delivery" and Im hyper about it.

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Medic, I know how you feel. . .

One of the best times of detecting is getting that new rig, the rest of the best times is swinging the coil and pulling out treasure!

Congrats on the new detector!

HH
PTP

congrats!, I dont have the snow.....but 35 and cold rain is just as bad.

Well, IT ARRIVED!!!

I took some photos for posterity.

I have assembled the unit and quite honestly, Minelab's instruction "book" could use some better design/execution.

Things that "can only fit together one way" may actually go together in several ways and then get stuck.

I resolved the issue, but we'll see how it goes from here.

WM

detector.jpg

There it is in all it's glory!! And my boy grabbing the digging tool just as the photo was taken.

After playing with it for just a few minutes, I must say, I am QUITE impressed.

This critter has all sorts of bells and whistles to satisfy even the most tech savvy nerd.

Having read though the manual and played with it, I don't see why people claim the 3030 to be so difficult. It has a LOT of options that can be tweaked, but it is still considerably easier than an even basic computer.

Will there be a learning curve? Oh yes, multiple menus and buttons almost ensure it. But the royal PITA I was preparing for does not seem to come to fruition.

We'll see I guess.

WM

I am waiting for the store I wish to deal with to get the AT Pro back in stock. :) Then I will order my toy, and a few other gadgets.

Awesome enjoy!!!

So far , so good.

I have been on the exchange (software for 3030) creating my own programs.

I am taking piles and piles of old nails, pull tabs, and other common junk and creating profiles which block the most common things.

So, here is a pic of the stock COINS program. Basically, you can see where Ferrous levels and Conductivity levels are visually represented. Anything that is dark blue is essentially blocked from making a signal. As you change the areas of interest, you can focus the 3030 onto whatever you want.

exchange.JPG

I am already just blown away by the options available to the end user. And I have only scratched the surface.

WM

glad you got it ! i'm hope'n to get one my self ! soon has i sell my 79'cj5 . i'm glad you say it's n so tough to understand ! in your pic. i see the graph. nice color. whitch makes me think, if someone's color blind, will the CTX. work well for them ? I never thought i would think of moving up from my ol'e WHITES XLT.but i rember when the XLT.was high teck. good luck !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back