Today I Bought Some Junk Silver at the Coin Shop...Found a Rare Quarter in the Batch!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I made my usual once a month trip to our local coin shop to buy some junk silver coins for our metal detector club raffle. I always buy mercury dimes, silver quarters, walking liberty halves, and some Morgan dollars. When I got home I could not believe my eyes! One of my silver quarters was a 1932-D!! I think it will grade out as a VG or F! My Red Book values it at about $100.00! Not bad considering it was a purchase for a $3.00 coin!

Attachments

• 1932-D Quarter 026.JPG
    1932-D Quarter 026.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 1932-D Quarter 028.JPG
    1932-D Quarter 028.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 31
That is an awesome score! WTG! In my opinion that
coin could almost grade VF.

That may get me to brave the ride over as a passenger with Vince..... I have not been hunting much, 4 times in the last 3 months. Selling houses and work is getting in the way.

Cha-Ching! Treasure is where you find it- nice score!

Nice! Congrats on your junk silver discovery.

Very nice. The Holy Grail of Washington quarters. You have to wonder how your coin shop missed that one.

Take a looksee with a 10 or 20 times magnifier to be sure the D wasn't added to the coin. The 32D is faked a lot by adding the D.
Either way, a nice coin.

Sweet scone I'm still waiting for one of those. Great job my friend

Very nice recovery! :icon_thumleft:

Very nice find. That coin was in someone's collection for most of the past 85 years!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back