What's new

Today in Oregon * 1936 Buffalo * 1920 Wheat * A Gold N.S.O. Fracastat? What is it?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
Joined
May 24, 2014
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
1,352
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today in Oregon * 1936 Buffalo * 1920 Wheat * A Gold N.S.O. Fracastat? What is it?

Found the Buff this morning under an old tree by an early 1900's art center... Found the N.S.O. Pin/cufflink/button ? this afternoon at a turn of the century home in our town. We call it the crazy house because it has sooooo much metal in the ground it is super hard to hunt. Please let me know if you can ID the NSO thingy?
Thanks Gary from Oregon..

Buff1.webp buff2.webp crazy4.webp crazy1.webp crazy2.webp crazy3.webp crazy5.webp
 
Upvote 10
No id from me but always cool to dig a dated buff
 
Love those old buffs......but I've never found even one. took my kid to the park last fall....give him my old BH....he pulls out a 34 Buff in 2 minutes...go figure.
 
Cool finds, like the gold NSO pin
 
Looks like a good site to hunt, I would get back there asap ! :occasion14:
 
I really like the enameled piece- the detail and condition are really nice ! I guess you've tried some internet research on it by now -
nothing ? I found Northern Spotted Owl - but with no depiction on the piece , not so much - also the nature conservators would
likely not show a beaver pelt tacked up there on the cabin either . Maybe National ( Something) of Oregon .
 
I really like the enameled piece- the detail and condition are really nice ! I guess you've tried some internet research on it by now -
nothing ? I found Northern Spotted Owl - but with no depiction on the piece , not so much - also the nature conservators would
likely not show a beaver pelt tacked up there on the cabin either . Maybe National ( Something) of Oregon .

Thanks Ya I searched google and came up with nothing on the pin/button :/ I sure hope someone can ID it! :)
 
Nice finds! I think the N.S.O. pin is from the "Native Sons of Oregon" group. There is some info. about them on google but I haven't found another pin / badge yet.

Museum History :: Washington County Museum

By 1899 numerous statewide and local organizations, such as the Native Sons of Oregon, had organized into groups called “cabins,” named for the log cabins where they met.

ETA b/c I just found this in a 1901 Oregonian newspaper-
 

Attachments

  • nsooregon.webp
    nsooregon.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I think that nails it down - nicely done , With both the initials, and the primary importance of Cabins to the Native Sons of Oregon
as their meeting places -
 
ITEMS LOOK RELATED TO ME INJUN AND BUFFALO AND LINCOLN AND THE CABIN AND BRAMBLE FOR THE ANSWER OF THE FIND.
 
Wow! Thanks everyone! I would have never found out what this was... Still a very interesting find in the form it is in?
Thanks Gary from Oregon
 
Some cool finds. Nice job digging those low tones.

Steve
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom