Today was a good day...

B

BiggusDiggus

Went mill site hunting this morning and came upon a bunch of goodies! 1915 Quarter, 1917 Dime, 1952 Dime, 1830 large cent, (2)Chinese coins(? Dates/face value anyone?), (3 1/2) large eagle buttons, (2)small eagle buttons, a Connecticut grape vine button, and the 4 holed button....Stellar hunt today..Can't wait til the fall and o can access the tougher overgrown areas. HH

ForumRunner_20130824_144000.png

Upvote 5
Wow. Have only found a couple of large cents here in TN with many years at it. Killer finds.....congrats.

Looks like a very good day.

Gotta love old silver

Nice finds! I have a friend from China who says those kinds of coins haven't been used for a very long time. Nice finds, and HH!

Someone has to have a good day. Mine was not so much today. That looks like a great hunt. :)

Nice finds! Looks like you really had a good hunt.

Thanks all for the love! Its the second large cent I've found in CT, hoping to find some more/older coppers and larger denomination silvers there... I believe the site had a few different era grain mills on it. From 1760-1920...the oldest thing I've found is the 1830 lrg cent...still looking for the colonial mill site...Finally got a real shovel and can get deeper through the rocks and roots with ease now...just waiting for the undergrowth to keel over...HH

WONDERFUL DAY'S HAUL! :occasion18: :occasion16: :blob9: It must be thrilling to detect around old mills, though it sounds like a lot of work. When I lived in rural northeast, several neighbors rented or borrowed goats to chomp away the brush in their woods -- maybe you could do that? HAVE FUN! Andi

good stuff and nice CW era eagle buttons!

-Buck

Nice finds. Look forward to seeing pics of your future finds from the site.

Thanks again for checking em out! I like the goat idea, between the overgrowth/poison ivy/ticks I think I'm taking a break til i can get into those spots. Plus its been uber dry lately. Researching for a change of scenery in my travels. Looking forward to the mill site in the fall, hopefully all the goodies will still be there. I did a little research on the Chinese coins, from what I can tell they are both " boo yuwan" from the ch'ien lung dynasty 1736-1795, if I'm right hopefully getting closer to a hot spot. Til then, HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back