What's new

Today Was More Like it. 8 Rings

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2016
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
8,247
Golden Thread
1
Location
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went to the same spot today to enjoy fathers day. My 6 daughters are all out of state so I had to do something. Another pile of old swim buckles today. I did manage two 10K rings. A 1932 class ring and a signet ring. The signet was first and made my day. Only silver coins I got were two Washington's and a war nickel. I did manage two silver rings though. I think the ring with the D in the middle is nickel. It doesn't have a mark and it didn't come out black. Too dull to be gold.

Two buffalo, 5 wheats, and a few other odds and ends. The little oval tag says M.F. DAVIS PATENT AUG. 10 1880 PORTLAND ME.

I took a picture of the tops of the brass rings. One is strange. Says, When do we eat on it? LOL

Hope everyone enjoyed their day today.



















 
Last edited:
Upvote 54
great finds! With the size of those finds, you are probably the first to hit this spot. Nice old gold, old coins, and other goodies.
 
Awesome! A bunch of silver, gold, wheats, buffalos, that is a very good day!
Congrats!

And Happy Father's Day to ya!
 
Good show man. That gold adds up. Good to see you got out
 
I can see why you dive for treasure Scuba. Another great day in the water. Congrats on those 2 gold rings and your other finds. :occasion14:
 


Love the When do we Eat ring Never seen on like it Chug
 
That is great, and for a great person very helpful to people on treasurenet and with returning rings to people who have lost them. There is a reason someone like you has this kinda as a calling. I have two daughters cant imagine 6 Happy Fathers day to you.. Tommy
 
Nice pics! Funny chicken ring. Tried to find out about it, for ya, but only found a reference to someone else who found one metal detecting. LOL

What a great haul!

What do you do with the old dive buckles? Are those just trash?

Actually they are swim suit buckles. Not trash. I have an idea. I know a person here that makes art out of metal. I have an idea on having a fish made with them as scales. I have donated a ton of my underwater finds to him. Over 200lbs of anchors, tools of every kind and shape, 5 gallons of oar locks and other trinkets. So I am saving all of them to see if he can make my dream a reality.

Thanks for all the replies.
 
great finds! With the size of those finds, you are probably the first to hit this spot. Nice old gold, old coins, and other goodies.

LOL, I have been hitting this spot for about 3 weeks now. I try new things. Today was no different. I found a new way to hunt it that most people wouldn't even try. However it worked for me but was very tiring.


This was a VERY old swim area. It now looks like this. Nobody swims there anymore.





Out deeper it is totally covered in weeds and muck above the gravel. I took my Tesoro Tiger Shark out with the 8" coil on it and pushed it down in the weeds and muck to hear ANY faint or loud beep. I was mowing the weeds over while detecting. This is not covered with your random weed, it is a THICK carpet of weeds.

I also am in water over waders heads. I know for a fact if the weeds and muck were gone, I would find tons of silver and a lot more gold. With over 6 thousand people a day using the bath house it was a ZOO out there in the early 1900's. I am not ready to give my spot up to other divers though but maybe one day.
 
Congratualtions on the fantastic water hunt! :notworthy:
 
I would never give that spot up. With 6 daughters you better find a lot more loot to pay for all those weddings. Awesome job. Thanks for sharing.
 
I believe the "When Do We Eat" ring is from the 1920's. I can't find the old Johnson Smith catalog that I have packed away, but it had a page selling all sorts of Jazz era sayings on them. Great hunt! Carl
 
Nice Work Scuba I start seeing old brass I know it's time to go slow..

See a lot of the same stuff here, specially that brass valve stem cap...
 
Wow is all I can say...
 
Wow, when does your jewelry store open in the morning? I LIKE your finds...
 
I'm really jealous. :occasion14:
 
Nice treasure finds! Two gold and silvers too, great hunt!
And is that a chicken depicted on the "when do we eat" ring, that's so cute! :occasion14:
 
Six daughters!! You definitely deserve a Father's Day dig! Excellent finds, I actually really like the "when do we eat" ring
 
Nice finds as usual. Love the idea for repurposing the buckles.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom