What's new

Today.......

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
1,943
Reaction score
248
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
..............................

rccrs1.webpclarion1.webp
 
Upvote 0
Super finds! The point in the first photo looks like it would have been used as a fishing barb point. Kind of like what is used today with fishing line attached to the end of an arrow. ''Cool''! :icon_thumright:
 
Nice stemmer. Is that first one a bifuracated base that was snapped and reworked?? Wild looking. Nice finds !
 
Nice stemmer. Is that first one a bifuracated base that was snapped and reworked?? Wild looking. Nice finds !

I'm not sure what happened to that point lol :dontknow:
 
Looks to me more like a transitional point such as a hardaway or dalton base, reworked to use as a scraper or stunner. Nice! TN, you don't think it has too large of a " fluted" base to be a LeCroy? Just wandering.
 
Looks to me more like a transitional point such as a hardaway or dalton base, reworked to use as a scraper or stunner. Nice! TN, you don't think it has too large of a " fluted" base to be a LeCroy? Just wandering.

I do not know... Just went to the bifuracte drawer now I am re looking. I have a broke dalton with secondary work on the break but nothing like this. I think it is old though. Maybe Matt or someone will chime in on it. Interesting piece for sure. I think stunner is a misnomer don't you? I do not want to hi-jack his finds post so will see what the consensus is :)
 
Tnmountains said:
I do not know... Just went to the bifuracte drawer now I am re looking. I have a broke dalton with secondary work on the break but nothing like this. I think it is old though. Maybe Matt or someone will chime in on it. Interesting piece for sure. I think stunner is a misnomer don't you? I do not want to hi-jack his finds post so will see what the consensus is :)

Yes, misnomer is pretty much what the majority of my terms are. I picked up terms from elders that I have either hunted with or simply spoke with. Many of their terms have stuck. I don't know why, but many of them I just like, therefor, I don't correct them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom