What's new

Todays 2 Dime Boxes

sensesfailed069

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Well today I had my 1st ever skunk box of Dimes, but my 2nd box made up for it. I actually beat my average which is alittle under 2 keepers per box.And found some pretty cool foreign coins that i didnt have yet as well. Here is the breakdown:

Box 1
Skunk...absolutely nothing

Box 2
1 East Caribbean States 1 Cent
1 Russian?? 1 Kohenka
7 Silver Rosies-(46,55-S,56 x2,61-D x2,64)
 

Attachments

  • Front.webp
    Front.webp
    112.6 KB · Views: 349
  • Back.webp
    Back.webp
    122.7 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0
Yeah 7 Rosies is the most Ive ever pulled from a box, i think before that it was 3.
 
55S?? Dang good find, that is one of the few I have not found.
 
DrDetector said:
55S?? Dang good find, that is one of the few I have not found.

Really? I thought out of all the 55s the S had the highest mintage by a large amount.
 
Cool score, man! Were these hand or machine wrapped boxes?
 
Nice score on the the dime box, and nice pics :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
Nice score on box two! Been seeing a few 55's here in the last week or two, hard to get!

1955: 12,450181 minted
1955D: 13,959,000
1955S: 18,510,000

Also hard to get is 1949S, with only 13,510,000 minted
Compare to the 1964D, 1,357,517,180 mint
 
sensesfailed069 said:
DrDetector said:
55S?? Dang good find, that is one of the few I have not found.

Really? I thought out of all the 55s the S had the highest mintage by a large amount.

It does, however being in Pennsylvania it is much harder to find the older D and S mint coins. I have (4) 1955 dimes but no 55D or 55S.
 
Seven keepers in one box is fab. I have never been that lucky with dimes. Very good haul.

apush :read2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom