What's new

todays 20 boxes

silvercop

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
today's 20 boxes

well today was pretty skunky. 19 out of the 20 were skunks and the other box had one 1969. well maybe next week will be better. hope some of you other guys are on the silver because i am not
 
Upvote 0
Re: today's 20 boxes

Ouch. Roller coaster. You'll be back up in no time I hope.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Re: today's 20 boxes

i hope so. thanks
 
Re: today's 20 boxes

Ouch that hurts SC. I will get shot for saying this, but $10k in dimes may have yielded 65-70 or so dimes, the equivelent to 13-14 90% halves. But oy, the work! ffd
 
Re: today's 20 boxes

i do dimes from time to time. they are alot of work (on the eyes). if i skunk out like this next week i will do about 10 boxes of dimes to get the silver fix.
 
Re: today's 20 boxes

Sorry to hear of all that work for such little reward. I know you have a sweet setup with your dumps, but have you thought of taking them out of the region every now and then. I've been doing this for the past month and half. It's a bit more work, but I've been rolling in the silver. One box today, the least amount of silver per roll was three. It was fun to say the least. I've been getting into some old stock. Proof was two halves stuck together by a dry rotted rubber band.
 
Re: today's 20 boxes

That sux SC - I am at six straight skunks. I did get a teller to hand me a 1935 Peace dollar during the run and scrounged a 62 Roosevelt but not a silver half in a week. I'm not really hitting them hard but I think there may be a post holiday lull now with the bank road trips. Probably everyone who was going to dump there coins for extra christmas shopping money has done it and I've hit every bank around so it may be a slow month up here... :-\

Maine_Jim
 
Re: today's 20 boxes

yea it would be alot of work to take them out of my district. i would have to take a 2 day road trip. i am in the atlanta district. guess i need a few road trips if the boxes dont get better
 
Re: today's 20 boxes

Check the fine print on those boxes and see if it reads "Rolled in Connecticut".
Don't worry. Skunk one week, 700 keepers the following week. You made a killing last month even with the skunk boxes and I'm sure you will do it again. :thumbsup:

HH
Rich
 
Re: today's 20 boxes

I would not be able to handle 20 boxes and getting skunked

You are a Coin Roll Hunter Warrior

Darth Walker
 
Re: today's 20 boxes

i hear you jim. i was thinking that jan. would be good since most people are broke from christmas and might cash in the stash. so far it has not happened yet around here. something strange is happening with brinks here. for the last few weeks the brinks boxes that i have been doing have been really good. don't understand it because my main dump bank is serviced by brinks. guess it is all just a roll of the dice. i have tried to figure it out to the point i almost drove myself crazy. i have come to the conclusion there is no rhyme or reason :icon_scratch:
 
Re: today's 20 boxes

Darth Walker said:
I would not be able to handle 20 boxes and getting skunked

You are a Coin Roll Hunter Warrior

Darth Walker

CRH Warrior is an understatement. If I hit a couple of big skunks I'm outta here. Well if I hit a dream box (over 30 keepers) I could probably stand a couple of hits.
 
Re: today's 20 boxes

thanks rich, and darth i have learned to take the good with the bad. as i said a few days ago in another thread this hobby (job) takes dedication and persistence. that is why i think you see so many people come and go. i have noticed several new posters in the past month. wonder how many will still be around in six months? not only do you have to deal with skunk runs, but my biggest headache is dealing with some of the tellers at my dump bank. my main dump bank has tried to get rid of my several times but i am still hanging in there. if you can't find a supply and dump bank that will play ball the game is over.
on another thought, i have spent hours in the hot sun md'ing and dug nothing but pull tabs. so i guess every part of treasure hunting has it's ups and downs
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom