What's new

Todays $45 in Hand Rolled Cents. An Indian and an Error

sensesfailed069

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Went to the bank and picked up some more handrolls as they worked well for me last time. The bank had $45 in pennies and $235 in Nickels. Im leaving the Nickels for tomorrow but the pennies worked out real well. I got my 1st indian head,my 1st wide AM penny, and 3 steel cents.Here are my results

$45 in Handrolled Cents
1 Indian Head Penny(1896)
1 Wide AM Error Penny(2000)
37 Wheat Cents(1914,1917,1930-S,1936,1937,1940,1941,1942 x2,1943 x3,1944 x6,1945,1945-D,1946 x2,1949,1950,1951-D,1952 x2,1952-D,1954,1955,1955-D,1956-D,1956 x2,1957-D,1958 x2)
14 Canadian(56,63,64,71,72,74,81,85,93,94 x2,95,2000,2006)
 

Attachments

  • front.webp
    front.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 468
  • back.webp
    back.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 452
  • zoom.webp
    zoom.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 483
  • ini.webp
    ini.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 467
  • centsfront.webp
    centsfront.webp
    90.9 KB · Views: 480
  • centsback.webp
    centsback.webp
    61.6 KB · Views: 473
Upvote 0
very nice, first time hearing about steel cents from rolls in quite some time
 
Your not kidding about the steel cents. I was absolutely shocked to see them, and actually when I came across the 1st I initially thought it was dipped.
 
Cool finds. I think the WAM's are considered varieties rather than errors. I have searched probably $500-600 worth of cents and have yet to find a steelie. Those things are as hard as indians.
 
Good score :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
Wow very good ...I jusst picked up a 50 dollars in pennies and only found like 6 wheats..and noticed more then 75 were Zinc...Starting to see the coppers disappear...Nice score thou
 
great picture tho i still cant tell what an error is. Cant tell a 72 ike high low relief either.
 
quiksilver said:
great picture tho i still cant tell what an error is. Cant tell a 72 ike high low relief either.

The error is the space between the A and the M in America. Its more a variety then an error, but most the coins struck have the A and the M close together. Some were struck with a Proof die hence the Wide AM.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom