What's new

Todays Box

kevo

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Louisville, Kentucky
Ok, so I spent half of my money paying for my summer semester of school (767.00) to be exact. And for one class, talk about getting robbed!!! Anyway, I can only search one 500.00 box at a time until I save back up. But, I do have a very nice teller who orders 1K at a time and lets me buy it per box. :D Todays box yielded:
1964-1-very very ugly
1965-2
1966-1
1967-4
1968-3

The other coin isn't even close to being found CRH but at a yardsale, but I figured I would share it with you all. It was only 5 bucks. It's a little worn down, but come on, five bucks.
 

Attachments

  • a.webp
    a.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 463
  • aa.webp
    aa.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 458
Upvote 0
Nice Yard Sale Find. Pretty sure you made a nice profit on that one. Maybe even be worth grading. Can you post a larger pic and the reverse as well.

Thanks.
 
Nice Kevo. I would have paid $5 for it too.....because I don't have a coin with that design.

Keep em coming.....

BTW....good luck to your during your summer semester.
 
Nice Cent. I say it is at least VG. Make sure that you check the second 8 to see if there is a seven under it.

65GT350
 
lol LJ, i'm the same way. I don't know enough about value and grading, but when I see a new design or I start collecting a new series I go after them.
 
$5...I only paid $0.50 each for the 3 I bought last year.

Granted I bought the whole collection for $400 and those were just included in it. Most of the price was in the silver at 5x face, but I got 637 wheaties (about half were pre 1941), 22 Indian head pennies, the 3 flying eagles (one each 1857, 1858 sm letters, 1858 lg letters), 26 buffalo nickels, and a few other odds and ends as well.

That being said, I think the one you got for $5 was a good deal.
 
That coin looks like it's been dug...

Nickel_B
 
Flying eagle acquisition notwithstanding, if you can maintain a 1% keeper rate with each box you buy, you'll have a nice stash soon enough.

Congrats on both !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom