What's new

Todays Boxes 10/26/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Today's Boxes 10/26/09

Did five boxes today which makes 23 in a week. 1 box was a skunk and I got 9, 40% from the rest. I looked back at my posts just checking my box stats. The good news is that my boxes have remained consistant since I ordered my first one back in Dec. 2008. The bad news is that I'm still averaging 2 + per box. So quantity may be the way to go but not here.
I got boxes ordered already for this week. After that I'm hitting the road big time to make up for the time wasted. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Today's Boxes

I have only tried two boxes, ( one then another ), both produced 2 - 40%. A lot of effort for little reward in this area. At least on road trips you have potential and some nice views.
 
Re: Today's Boxes

No question that road trips are more productive, but then again I suppose, it makes a big difference in what part of the Country you hunt in.
I think that where I live there is a lot of CHR activity, and I know that many tellers cherry pick, so very few keepers are going to make it to the boxes.
I've done 112 boxes over nearly a year and it is rare to get more than a dozen in a box. I have gotten a good number of commemorative coins,and older coins that I would not get loose or rolled.
I've never gotten a foreign coin out of a half dollar box that I can recall.

HH
Rich
 
Re: Today's Boxes

Rich Hartford said:
No question that road trips are more productive, but then again I suppose, it makes a big difference in what part of the Country you hunt in.
I think that where I live there is a lot of CHR activity, and I know that many tellers cherry pick, so very few keepers are going to make it to the boxes.
I've done 112 boxes over nearly a year and it is rare to get more than a dozen in a box. I have gotten a good number of commemorative coins,and older coins that I would not get loose or rolled.
I've never gotten a foreign coin out of a half dollar box that I can recall.

HH
Rich

they def are rich. prime example i stopped at one bank today on the way home from work and got 80.00 in rolls. it produced 8-40%ers and 1 90. and got the same amount as your 5 boxes. Thats why i stopped the boxes. Just to much work and i havent hit a good box (ie over 10 keepers) in over a yr. The only thing i order now is dimes and thats only because i average 1-3 silver per box.
Good luck on the rd trips next week. im heading out tommorrow.
let me know if your getting out atb all tommorrow. MAybe we could hit the rd and pull some nice silver.
keith
 
Re: Today's Boxes 10/26/09

Rich, at least you got the box approach out of your system for a while. It is good that you checked just to make sure there wasn't a vein waiting to be tapped. Good luck on the next road trip.
 
Re: Today's Boxes 10/26/09

The road to me is more exciting anyway even if you don't find much. I think you were seeing better returns on your trips for sure. Can't wait to see what you find next.

Golden Silver
 
Re: Today's Boxes 10/26/09

Still have boxes coming in Wed. Thurs. and Friday. Probably end up getting 18 more. Have to dump tomorrow but am going to try to hit a few banks as well
 
Re: Today's Boxes 10/26/09

Good luck getting back on the road. I've only done four boxes but they have been a big disappointment to me. On the road I can use the phone and the gps and find out who has what and set my day around the banks (usually). I have managed to get at least one really good day each week for nearly two months.

I'm still hoping for the solid rolls of Walkers and Bens like Scubasteve but at least I have a decent example of each at this point.

OWS
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom