What's new

Todays Boxes

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Today's Boxes

Hello,

Picked up two boxes of halves, and a box of pennies today. My wife met me at the bank, and we searched the first box in the car.

25 40%
1 90%
1980s
1975 Jamaican Half Dollar

The Jamaican coin looks like a commemorative. Ill post a photo below, it is the same size as a half.

We took the second box and the pennies home and did them there. Too poor to afford two boxes of halves at the same time, hopefully that changes soon. Otherwise we would do them all at home.

Box two of the halves looked good - 2 silver showing on end. Bow were we in for a surprise. Only one other silver for a total of 3 40%.

While she was searching the halves, I was searching the pennies. I mentioned that I have 2 things I would like to accomplish with them this year: an Indian and a Wide AM error. About 5 rolls later a 1903 injun rolls out! I was stunned, my initial reaction was "Foreign" since it didn't fit the typical penny profile.

So all in all a pretty good day. Last week my 2 boxes of halves produced 1 40%, so today is much better.

Happy Huntin,
Anthony
 

Attachments

  • indian 1-09.webp
    indian 1-09.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 306
Upvote 0
Re: Today's Boxes

Nice score Anthony a couple of good boxes :thumbsup: and that Jamacian coin is cool looking I found one something like it last year , congrats :thumbsup: Ed
 
Re: Today's Boxes

Those are nice finds, congratulations on the Indian Head!
 
Re: Today's Boxes

Thats a sweet score on the injun :thumbsup:
 
Re: Today's Boxes

I got that same jaimaican coin awhile back, nice finds!
 
Re: Today's Boxes

Congrats..........overall you did excellent!!!
 
Re: Today's Boxes

You are right Anthony are boxes are neck and neck usually. Hopefully my two today will be as nice as or nicer than the one you just pulled.

-Golden Silver
 
Re: Today's Boxes

Sweet!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Today's Boxes

WTG!
 
Re: Today's Boxes

Narthoniel said:
1975 Jamaican Half Dollar

The Jamaican coin looks like a commemorative. Ill post a photo below, it is the same size as a half.n't fit the typical penny profile.

Anthony, kudos on your finds; especially the Indian.. The Jamaican half, though, is just their standard coin; from '75 - '90.

http://worldcoingallery.com/countries/coin.php?image=img2/96-65&desc=Jamaica%20km65%2050%20Cents%20(1975-1990)
 
Re: Today's Boxes

Good job! I am jealous. I have been searching pennies for 8 years and have yet to find an Indian.
 
Re: Today's Boxes

enamel7 said:
Good job! I am jealous. I have been searching pennies for 8 years and have yet to find an Indian.

Wow, I didn't realize they were that far and few. I hope I get another before I am old and grey then!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom