What's new

Todays bullet finds and help

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
1,044
Reaction score
4,257
Golden Thread
0
Location
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's bullet finds and help

I went to an old park today with not GREAT but promising finds that will take me back.
3 bullets and a Winchester head stamp dating between 1896-1937. It does not have "made in USA so maybe 20's?
2 wheaties nearby were 1953 and 1925.
Can I get assistance with the bullets age.
One has one ring and 2 have 3 rings.
Thanks ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1463017520.580446.webp
 
Upvote 4
All appear to be post-CW. Not sure on the left-hand round, but the center and right-hand side look like .38/.357 cast semi-wadcutters. Those cartridges date back to the 1870's, 1880's, around that era, so anytime from then through today.
 
bullets.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
I have to agree with mirage83. The center and left bullets are semi-wadcutters. With no white patina on the lead, I would say that these are fairly modern. The bullet on the left appears to have a crimping groove, and possibly some copper coating. Again, a fairly modern bullet. All interesting finds, but definitely post CW. Having said all that, these finds, together with the wheats you found would definitely bring me back for another hunt. Good luck!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom