Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Today's Chicago Tribune Front Page

The world capital of gun control. A liberal utopia.

From the front page of today's Chicago Tribune:

20130411_tribune_zps72eb7f8b.jpg

They put it below the fold.

I pulled the quote out, and pasted it over the advertisement just for Dano, so he wouldn't have to see any ads. Sorry it wasn't big enough to cover the entire ad, but at least it got most of it.

How dare they complain about only the crooks having guns. I thought that was the idea:dontknow:

Cheers mate.

It's easier to just go watch all the store robberies on youtube though. Some the owners win....some they lose. C'est la vie mes ami.

Il n,est mon vie.mon vieux !
My greatest risk is shipping at the airport where i am unarmed. Try to avoid it when possible. Other wise assets will be kept secure as possible. Chicago has created a utopia for criminals. What's more they are not alone. Tante pis pour etre.

Last edited:
I lv that paper It's good for wrapping fish guts after cleaning them. If we still had outhouses they would increase circulation. Probably cheaper then charmin.

I lv that paper It's good for wrapping fish guts after cleaning them. If we still had outhouses they would increase circulation. Probably cheaper then charmin.

Ok. I was afraid it might small worse than three day old fish guts left in the sun after looking at the front page . . .

Great article, kinda defeats the theory that you need a gun to fight off a criminal with a gun....

Last edited by a moderator:
Great article, kinda defeats the theory that you need a gun to fight off a criminal with a gun....

"And then again it kind of doesn't"
Wasn't that what you were going to finish with? Sure seems easier with a gun. And there is another point here,, Even though these criminals have guns and always will have guns, they are usually not proficient with them..

The interesting part was the pull quote that wasn't darkened. "What's that? `Pow, Pow, Pow,' It's always a crook's gun. Store owners can't carry a handgun" --- it's the law in Chi-town.

Chicago . . . what What's his name wants us to be like.

Nation's strongest gun laws, but the crooks still manage to have them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your more than welcome to fight off you attackers that way, I will use my .45, 9 MM or 12 gage auto.......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Your more than welcome to fight off you attackers that way, I will use my .45, 9 MM or 12 gage auto.......

Now, That is an appropriate response to a mortal threat!

Buy a store then and "live the dream"!

Buy a store then and "live the dream"!

I was born living the dream, I was born an American citizen...

I thought you were living the nightmare in America from what you and others on here post?!?

Shows how little you know...

There's just something not quite right about needing guns to live the dream. Plus you say it as though the dream is an American trademark!

There's just something not quite right about needing guns to live the dream. Plus you say it as though the dream is an American trademark!

I said nothing about needing my guns to live the dream, I said I am already living the dream, American by birth, Southern by the grace of God....Have a wife that is 20 years younger, and looks half her age, and I am in excellent health, not on any prescription drugs at all and all the plumbing works.....I am not rich, but I make good money.....

Our right to protect ourselves we were born with, our Constitution only guarantees that right......... I was born free and I will die free......

You said "live the dream", I said I am already living the dream...

Dano, ( a transplanted LIMEY?), I used to wonder why England had gone to hell socially, politically and economically. Now I know. You folks always had someone else to do your fighting for you. The Hessians when we beat you the first time and then especially US when the Germans had you on your knees and were so very close to making you their girlfriends in WWI and WWII. I can't really blame you for moving to Sweden where the women are much better looking and there is still a culture of non ale swilling unemployed morons. Be happy you don't live in the Maldivas because the Argentinians are going to take those away too and then roast steaks with chimichurri sauce on them using the Welcome to the Falklands signs as the firewood. Poor old "we don't need firearms" Britain. Yeah, and you think you have a stake or opinion in what we do? I am probably getting banned for this, but what a great wanker you are. Come to Texas little man. We'll find you a girlfriend that will talk so softly to you (baa, baa) and I'll introduce you to a good friend who is a retired Texas Ranger and will be glad to explain what the 2nd Amendment is all about. Darn, and I used to be such an ultra liberal...JUST SAYING

Lol....nah mate, you have no fear of "getting banned", purely because your tirade is aimed at me! A case in point:

Your post has been on here near 24 hours now...No little yellow or red cards showing you received a warning. No written warning. No thread or post deletion (they'll say because i didn't report it, but you can see it'd be pointless.) Nothing!

Whereas a few hours ago i posted something and said it was "the American way".Nothing substantial and very harmless, yet TH is on me like white on rice, as you say there:

"By the way stop the nation bashing...".

I think a blind man shot in the head 3 times would say that your post is a LOT more "Nation bashing" than mine? Yet it's me who gets the warning! So no worries....it's "open season" on me. You're safe! :)

Anyway, down to business:
I'll put your lack of historical knowledge down to "anger of the moment" and being a Texan! Just how many of your "Glorious revolution" paintings/pictures show these Hessians that "did our fighting for us"? I find it amazing that someone can actually say this when knowing (or SHOULD know) that without the French, Spanish, Dutch and German contingent of the colonial army, including the German you had to hire to teach you to fight...you'd have been battered 4 ways from sunday! Comical!

Not even getting into the 2nd WW crap. The US only turned up after the Germans had gone to Russia....umm thanks!

Swedish women can be beautiful it's true, but then they're also pretty, average, and downright ugly at times to. Just like in England...or the USA really. Sweden has a culture of "non-ale swigging unemployed morons"? Ask TH to post his statistics on the huge percentage of Swedish female alcoholics. lol. (And trust me, the men are a LOT worse!)

Ah the Malvinas. I actually went there the last time the Argies tried to "take them away from us". Didn't go too well for them did it? :)

If i actually bothered to "come to Texas" (why is it i always have to go to the states? Nobody ever wants to come here to "teach me some manners" etc, but then you wouldn't be able to bring your guns would you? Defending yourselves without them is like a fish wandering through a desert ain't it lol.) I have my own "girlfriends" to visit thanks. Texan women have always seemed to like me for some reason. I'd be visiting Mandy in Nacogdoches, Beth in Killeen, Diana in Lufkin and Christine in Corpus Christi. Much better than sitting with your sweaty old Texas Ranger friend babbling guns, don't ya think?

So there ya have it. Take a chill pill, have a weak beer or 12, go shoot something for an hour or two. You'll feel better. A few folks have these sudden internet breakdowns and lose the plot, but no harm done eh?
I do find it odd that so many of my posts have been "liked" by you...and now this. Strange. Ah well...have a good one mate! :)

Quote:Not even getting into the 2nd WW crap. The US only turned up after the Germans had gone to Russia....umm thanks!

I would have thought you would say"The U.S. turned up after the Germans bombed pearl Harbor":laughing7:

Gosh, with all those women, They employ you as a sitter?

Who were the "Hessians" you speak of? Weren't they just German mercenaries? I think King Georgie Girl was the Elector of Hanover (Germany), wasn't he? Had some kind of pull there, having something along the lines of 5 German battalions.

The Germans who fought for America, weren't they mostly just Colonists who came from Germany? I think so. I think they fought for LIBERTY and FREEDOM FROM THE OPPRESSION OF GEORGIE GIRL.

Quite a conflict in stories there. You know, between you and the history books. What do you think?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back