What's new

Todays coin bags 12-26-2007

GMan00001

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's coin bags 12-26-2007

Picked up 2 bags today
1 - $1000 bag of dimes
1 - $50 bag of pennies

Both from a different bank than I had searched bags from before. Tried getting half dollars as well, but they said somebody bought all they had last week....hmmm.. :P

I searched the bag fo dimes first...okay, but nothing special.

3 pre-1965 Roosevelt (1959-D, 1960-D, 1961-D)
5 Canadian (1978, 1988, 1993, 2000, 2003-P)
1 Foreign (Singapore, 1 Cent (1994))
1 Nickel
2 Pennies

oh and 2 buttons


I'll be searching the pennies next.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Today's coin bags 12-26-2007

And the bag of pennies

13 wheat pennies (1919, 1942, 1942-D, 1944(2), 1946(2), 1950-D, 1953-D, 1954-D, 1956, 1958-D(2))

23 Canadian (1960, 1964(2), 1965, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1984, 1985, 1989(2), 1990, 1993, 1997, 1998)

1 Foreign (Panama, 1 Centesimo (1975))
 
Re: Today's coin bags 12-26-2007

nice finds man! ;Donly 77 more wheaties for the year and you would have had 4,000 for the year! 8)
 
Re: Today's coin bags 12-26-2007

Your totals are impressive. Do you work outside of crh? ;D I tried 20 rolls of dimes today .... nada.
 
Re: Today's coin bags 12-26-2007

tw656 said:
Your totals are impressive. Do you work outside of crh? ;D I tried 20 rolls of dimes today .... nada.

Yes, 40+ a week plus my 7.5 hours of commute time per week. I do probably 90% of my CRH searching once the kids and wife are already asleep as I am up till 2 or 3 AM anyways. I do bulk pickup once a week (sometimes more if I am running out of coins or have time and feel like it) at a couple of banks. Cash in one or two times a week as well. Try to cash in what I can carry in in one trip from the car, typically two canvas bags full. Due to my longish commute (got longer about 2 months ago), I now drive by plenty of banks for cashing in and occasionally buying. Still haven't stopped at most of them on the second half of the commute, but those are toward the city and I have worse luck there usually. My routine minimizes the overhead with the pickup/dropoff and usually keeps me with something to sort every night (if I want to). Usually average around 5000 coins a night (1 - $50 bag of pennies) which takes about 1.5 to 2 hours depending on my mood and what I find including the stats and error search.
 
Re: Today's coin bags 12-26-2007

Yep,

Gman - you are harder than hard core!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom