todays cool find!

rustycoinUT

May 13, 2005
Tulsa, ok
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday i went detecting and tripped and fell down a hill several feet and broke my detector. ( OUCH ) So today i went to Wallmart and bought a cheap Bountyhunter machine so i could go detecting while deciding what i am going to buy as a permanent detector.

I bought a pioneer 202 and it performed excellent! I found a 1872 US Artillery hat insignia ans some junk and as usual it will take time to get to know the quirks of a detector.

Thanks for looking
rustycoinUT

Attachments

• crosscannon[1].jpg
    crosscannon[1].jpg
    4 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 0

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Awesome find! Sorry your detector went boom. I used my son's cheapo BH when my MD was in the shop. Didn't go as deep, but I still found stuff and it kept me from getting withdrawal symptoms. Keep 'em coming!

vicki

OP
OP
rustycoinUT

rustycoinUT

May 13, 2005
Tulsa, ok
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies! ;D It almost feels like the fall was worth it...lol The new Bounty Hunter is better than i thought it would be. I am almost looking forward to using it tomorow.

rustycoinUT

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Sorry to hear about your detectors accident :-\ People underestimate Bhs but they actaully are not too bad....

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I have seen those at Walmart. Wondered if they were any good. I think the one I saw was about $150. Couldn't borrow one from a friend, huh? Cool it's workin out for you. Yeah, we got two MD's. Gotta have a spare. 8)

Bob

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rusty! Sorry to hear about your mishap! But glad you're OK! ;)

Would it be that costly to have your old detector repaired?

And congrats on your find today! It's a great one!!!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
rustycoinUT

rustycoinUT

May 13, 2005
Tulsa, ok
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again for the replies. Nana the detector cant be fixed at all the cord was ripped out of the coil and the electronic box was smashed :-\ I guess i need 2 detectors now and like i said i just bought the BH and i am going to order a Minelab sovereign elite ;D This was a costly accident but i found that the crosscannons are worth 50 dollars :o and in this case the saying no pain no gain definately applies...lol

HH
rustycoinUT

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your fall, hope you and your new detector work out ok. Nice hat insignia.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions