Today's Find 12-2-2023

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, Deeptech Vista X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had the Manticore out in my yard today. Got a deep 22-24 signal which I had not run across before. I've been over this part of my yard many times with a few different machines.

Dug this interesting little piece, was about 9-10 inches deep. I had disregarded it at first because I thought it was a small clam shell. Once I couldn't find anything else in the hole, I re-swung over the hole and dirt pile to find the signal in the pile. Pin pointer showed it was the clam shell. Upon closer inspection I decided it must be some lead. Maybe a bullet after hitting its target?

Just thought I'd post this interesting find. Penny is for size reference.

P1001188_WM.jpgP1001189_WM.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Upvote 11
That's what it is, a piece of lead.
Certainly hit something hard.

How long does it take for lead to turn white?

nice going :) I am glad you like your Manticore

Had the Manticore out in my yard today. Got a deep 22-24 signal which I had not run across before. I've been over this part of my yard many times with a few different machines.

Dug this interesting little piece, was about 9-10 inches deep. I had disregarded it at first because I thought it was a small clam shell. Once I couldn't find anything else in the hole, I re-swung over the hole and dirt pile to find the signal in the pile. Pin pointer showed it was the clam shell. Upon closer inspection I decided it must be some lead. Maybe a bullet after hitting its target?

Just thought I'd post this interesting find. Penny is for size reference.

View attachment 2118355View attachment 2118356

Thanks for looking...
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back