What's new

Todays find...1916 Mercury Dime

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
5,249
Reaction score
1,102
Golden Thread
1
Location
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I read a newspaper article about an old swimming spot not far from me, so I decided to give it a look during my lunch-hour. I changed out of my suit & tie and within minutes found the dime. I was not wearing my glasses, and I could make out the date, but I couldn't tell if it had a mintmark or not. The chances of finding any Denver mintmark on an early 20th century coin in this region are slim, but I was still hopeful. It is always nice to find any silver.
 

Attachments

  • 2007_0320Image0001.webp
    2007_0320Image0001.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 610
  • 2007_0320Image0002.webp
    2007_0320Image0002.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 611
Upvote 0
Very nice!! My only Merc is a 1942 and has a hole in it but hey, it's mine. ;D
 
Great find, hope there's more treasure there waiting for you.
Did you get into the water too? Good luck on return!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Boobydoo said:
Did you get into the water too?

Smiles!
BDoo

BoobyDoo:
The water hole is dried up. There is a big wall where a dam once was. The hole seems to be a big sledding spot. I found a bunch of clad and memorial cents at the bottom of the slope.
 
A nice find Neil :), Congrats
 
;D ;D ;D still awesome mm or no mm........ ;D ;D ;D
 
As Maxwell Smart used to say, "Missed it by that much!" :-\ Still, you had a brief moment of anticipation, I'll bet.
 
Awesome dime Neil!! I love Mercs. I have three digs of my own and love them all!!
 
Congrats Neil.
Love the Merc.
-MM-
 
Takem any way you can getem. Congrats
Burdie
 
Stormtrooper154 said:
So close, but yet so far....Regardless, Great find! ;D

thats what i was just thinking too! still a great find!
 
Nice find, Neil. Weren't you complaining about a lack of silver a little while ago, or was it old copper? Well, you got a good one there. When are you going to make another meeting?
Bob
 
nice find!
to bad it wasnt a D ;)
 
D for darn.

Good find though.
HH
Ken
 
Purdy silver! Congrats!

Nana :)
 
She's a beauty indeed, but if she had the D......Well you know!
HH
~Nash~
 
She's a beauty indeed. . . even without the D!

watercolor
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom