What's new

Todays Find: Between 9 and 27 Kennedy Halves: (With Photographs)

Half-Hound

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2010
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
My Nose
Today's Find: Between 9 and 27 Kennedy Halves: (With Photographs)

I searched a box of halves this afternoon. And I found nine 40% halves. One of them is an "ender." I haven’t opened that roll yet; there may be more silver coins inside, as many as eighteen more. I also found two 1987 D halves. I have been trying to find some of these coins for several months, ever since I learned they had a very low mintage of only about 2 million.

This is the first "ender" I have found in quite a while. I have been hitting banks harder than boxes lately, but still it has been several months since I’ve seen one of these.

I have never seen a coin counter at any bank. I (or my wife) return the coins re-rolled to banks other than our regular supply banks. It is convenient for us and for the dump banks to return the clad in the original $500 boxes.

Half-Hound now has found 249 Silver Halves
 

Attachments

  • LITE Box Coins.webp
    LITE Box Coins.webp
    137 KB · Views: 375
  • LITE Dump This Clad.webp
    LITE Dump This Clad.webp
    175.3 KB · Views: 372
Upvote 0
Re: Today's Find: Between 9 and 27 Kennedy Halves: (With Photographs)

:hello2: Congrats! Mr. Apush is at my side as well. Great to have our spouses support our hobby!

HSH,
apush :read2:
 
Re: Today's Find: Between 9 and 27 Kennedy Halves: (With Photographs)

So that's what happened to OJ's gloves!! :laughing7:

Your box is interesting. Haven't seen anything like that up here. Your box mentions plastic wrappers on the side but they're paper wrapped. What bank system is that from? Don't worry, I'm not in your area so I'm not competition. It's interesting how halves are wrapped and boxed in different parts of the country.
 
Re: Today's Find: Between 9 and 27 Kennedy Halves: (With Photographs)

Congrats!!! Isn't it great to have a spouse that is dedicated to a hobby like this!!!!

My wife is excited about our finds, but I haven't got her re-rolling just yet.
 
Re: Today's Find: Between 9 and 27 Kennedy Halves: (With Photographs)

Glad you live no where close to me. If i was getting your dump boxes I would be a bit disturbed.
 
Re: Today's Find: Between 9 and 27 Kennedy Halves: (With Photographs)

My super wife (Silver Panther) helped me get thru two boxes yesterday. 5-40% were found one of which was a pretty nice AU 1967 proof
 
Re: Today's Find: Between 9 and 27 Kennedy Halves: (With Photographs)

Good score :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Merry Christmas
Rich
 
Re: Today's Find: Between 9 and 27 Kennedy Halves: (With Photographs)

Out of curiousity Half-Hound, what part of Los Angeles do you hunt in?
 
Re: Today's Find: Between 9 and 27 Kennedy Halves: (With Photographs)

nice score! keep it up and hh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom