What's new

Todays find, where i found the c.s.a.. button Id help

deanv63

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2009
Messages
271
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Quincy Illinois
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
I found this button today ,need help to id it, same place I found the c.s.a. belt plate. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • metal detecting finds 010.webp
    metal detecting finds 010.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 265
  • metal detecting finds 011.webp
    metal detecting finds 011.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 225
  • metal detecting finds 012.webp
    metal detecting finds 012.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 253
  • metal detecting finds 013.webp
    metal detecting finds 013.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 251
  • metal detecting finds 014.webp
    metal detecting finds 014.webp
    43 KB · Views: 259
  • metal detecting finds 015.webp
    metal detecting finds 015.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 258
I am going to take a wild guess and say either modern civilian or diplomatic button.
 
Upvote 0
sadly it has a mid-1900s shank
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • button fashion eagle.webp
    button fashion eagle.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 0
Yea sorry. Its a very cool old button. :icon_thumright: Has some great patina. It may even fall under the category of political. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I have a question for the button experts. Could it be possible that the self-shank is older than the patent?
 

Attachments

  • button patent self shank.webp
    button patent self shank.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 176
  • button patent self shank.webp
    button patent self shank.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom