Rich Hartford
Silver Member
Searched four boxes of halves today and found one 1968. Stilled determined to find silver I hit a town that I have never checked before. First bank I went to had $1000.00 in halves. I took them. Come to find out all of the machine rolled coins had razor slits down the side where someone took a sneak peak.
Needless to say I knew that I had gotten skunked. However in his haste the fellow that slit the rolls forgot to slice four of them. This I was certain is where the hidden silver would be,and it would be just my luck to recover it.
I carefully unwrapped the four rolls just in case they contained pristine Walkers or better.
Alas ! All that was in there was clad.
Not to be put off and with just minutes before closing,I hit the bank near my house and was able to get two rolls,one of which had a 40%.
Take for the day after searching 6000 + halves was
2x 1968
Can't wait for my next road trip.
Merry Christmas !
Needless to say I knew that I had gotten skunked. However in his haste the fellow that slit the rolls forgot to slice four of them. This I was certain is where the hidden silver would be,and it would be just my luck to recover it.
I carefully unwrapped the four rolls just in case they contained pristine Walkers or better.
Alas ! All that was in there was clad.
Not to be put off and with just minutes before closing,I hit the bank near my house and was able to get two rolls,one of which had a 40%.
Take for the day after searching 6000 + halves was
2x 1968
Can't wait for my next road trip.
Merry Christmas !
Upvote
0








