Todays finds... 05/04

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's finds... 05/04

I hunted three different areas today. I met up with Greg (greatdeals on coinhunting.net) today and we hunted a house yard where the house dates to the lates 1800s, early 1900s and was a HUGE yard. And we got skunked pretty much!! I did find something right off the bat that was about the size of a nickel and read on one side: "Wooden Nickel" and 5 & FIVE on the other side. It rang up like silver and was thing and worn. But somehow I lost it? It was in my pouch and now it's not... oh well I guess.... The yard was all pushed around and there was nothing deep at all. There was also an invisible dog fence that really messed with our detectors.

Then we checked out the park in Middletown and just got clad. We also tried looking for a geocache and had no luck with that.

Then I met up with Lee and one of his buddies, the name escapes me right now, and hunted out at Heekin Park in Muncie. I was getting nothing and when I was getting tempted to work my way back to the car I got a nice hit at about 7" deep. It was an 1884 Indian Head Penny! Boo yah! Rechecked the hole.... 1892 IH! Walked a few more feet... 1902 IH! They all came out nice and green. That was it for the Indians, but I did manage two wheats as well after that, a 52D and 44D.

Not a bad day as far as I am concerned!

Nobody else had as much as luck as I did unfortuanetly.

Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's finds... 05/04

Sounds like you had a successful day...WTG on the IHs.

;)
River

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Today's finds... 05/04

Hey bscofield6, that wooden nickel was a counterfit! They're supposed to be made out of wood ;D

Congrats on the IH's! I've found this myself. I'll hunt and hunt and then all of a sudden I'll hit a spot where I'll pick up several old coins and a jewelry piece or two.

Nice work!

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread