Todays Finds - 05/16/06

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Finds - 05/16/06

I went out with Lee today and we hunted an old house that was dated 1875. It was a nice old brick home on a corner lot in a small town. I ended up with 10 wheats on the day, the oldest being 1920. I also got a nice green 1907 Indian Head Penny and 3 silver coins. A 1946 Roosevelt, and 42 & 45 Mercurys. I also got a 1910 Boy Scout Good Luck Token for Excelsior Shoes or however you spell it. This is the 2nd one that I have found, the other had a different reverse. I also got a Delco Rem badge/pin and a snoopy ring. I also got an old button. I can't make out the design, but Lee guessed early 1800s based upon the back of it.

The 1943S Silver War Nickel is from a $100 box of nickels I got at the bank after detecting.

Well here are some pictures:

05-16-06.JPG

05-16-06-02.JPG

05-16-06-03.JPG

Upvote 0

CAPTAINKIDD

Greenie
May 6, 2006
Re: Today's Finds - 05/16/06

Congrats on your finds. You seem to live in a parallel universe filled with wonderful old coins. Where do you find these places? Other people get old coins, but not as steady and bountiful as you. Whats the secret? Captain Kidd

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CAPTAINKIDD said:
Congrats on your finds. You seem to live in a parallel universe filled with wonderful old coins. Where do you find these places? Other people get old coins, but not as steady and bountiful as you. Whats the secret? Captain Kidd

It's a combination of things... Some is just blind luck, a lot is that I finally feel confident with my detector... it feels like I have become one with it.... It also doesn't hurt to be able to sweet talk a lady into getting permission at some of these places for you ;) If you get a lady on your side you can take over the world ;)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

damn bsco! you are a monster with that explorer! this has been an awesome year for you so far. congrats!

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hollowpointred said:
damn bsco! you are a monster with that explorer! this has been an awesome year for you so far. congrats!

Thanks bud! It was a pain to learn it and I dug lots of trash at first.... but lately I have been able to predict what is going to come out of a hole based on the sound and the depth meter. :)

I finally broke the 1000 coin barrier today as well, finishing the day with 1011 coins for the year. I'm sure it could be a few thousand more, but I try to avoid digging any clad.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

sweet, sweet, as always,,, but the other day i was park hunting got maybe 5 bucks,, the deepest coin was 1980s at 6 in ,, but a merc was at 2,, same soil conditions,, 30 feet apart,, thats what i like most about this hobby,, most times it makes no sense where you find stuff..

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri

Nice finds.....can't wait til I become one with the explorer......still just dumb luck for me but I will get it in time........any words of advice would be appreicated. Anyway, great bunch of items. Take care and be good......gregd573.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Congrat's on your 1000th bsco...My brother just bought an Explorer,very nice machine's.Look's like you got a little bit of everything today,nice work and congrat's....HH!!

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great digs bsco!!You got your machine "dialed in",thats for sure.WTG on the finds!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice job Bsco.......You have a nice site there with a nice assortment of coins !! good job.......HH

Will_detect4food

May 2, 2006
Gold Coast

Wow , grasshopper you can snatch the coin from the ground, Like a borg you are one with the machine.

Nay Im just jealous- because the force is with you!

congads

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Nice haul, what a great day!
Wish you luck for another soon. Awesome stuff!

Smiles!
BDoo

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Sounds like some real nice finds. Pictures are not showing up. ??

You sweet talk the ladies, huh? What do you do if a guy answers the door? ;)

I have been getting bolder in asking permission. I'm very quiet so it's not easy but as they say the only sure no is not asking.

Mirage

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Super finds and your posts are always accurate and inspiring.

You have two great things going: You're ambitious enough to go out and look for places to hunt and you're not afraid to confront people for permission.

Lacking in these two areas is probably what hinders most THers today.

Excellent work!

Badger

D

doyboy

You DA man, Bsco! You have really mastered that "brain" machine! I have really become one with my machine as well. I know exactly how an IH sounds in a junky park. I have found 24 of those this year. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread