Today's Finds 12-1-2023

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, Deeptech Vista X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spent time in my can slaw hell today. Another half 5-gallon pail of can slaw. Used the Manticore today, the 2d shows the slaw as a nice tight circle on the center line with vdi of 80's and 90's. I found a couple interesting items and a 1946 wheat penny.

A nice heavy piece of iron and a valve cover.

P1001176_WM.jpg

Parts to a toy revolver. Wish I could have found more of it.

P1001182_WM.jpg

Wheat Penny

P1001179_WM.jpgP1001181_WM.jpg

Not sure. First thought was a whistle, don't think so since I cleaned it up. It's heavy brass.

P1001185_WM.jpg

A snap and some copper.

P1001186_WM.jpgP1001187_WM.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Upvote 12
That penny is mine because it's my birth year! Okay, I got too excited... you can go ahead and keep it. :laughing7: Congratulations on your finds and thanks for sharing with us.

Spent time in my can slaw hell today. Another half 5-gallon pail of can slaw. Used the Manticore today, the 2d shows the slaw as a nice tight circle on the center line with vdi of 80's and 90's. I found a couple interesting items and a 1946 wheat penny.

A nice heavy piece of iron and a valve cover.

View attachment 2118165

Parts to a toy revolver. Wish I could have found more of it.

View attachment 2118161

Wheat Penny

View attachment 2118159View attachment 2118160

Not sure. First thought was a whistle, don't think so since I cleaned it up. It's heavy brass.

View attachment 2118162

A snap and some copper.

View attachment 2118163View attachment 2118164

Thanks for looking...
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Looks like you had some fun. The heavy brass thing you thought was a whistle looks to me like part of a keg or barrel tap. Your piece would be the part that turns the flow on and off, but the upper handle portion is broken off.

Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Maybe a barrel tap handle? You turn it and the liquid flows through the oblong hole. Only holes I can find on the thing. I did find a similar looking item at UKDFD, although I can't view the items without signing in. The similar item was a tap handle. Mine must have had a pressed iron knob.

Congrats on the finds !
Any day you can get out from now on in our part of the country is a good day !

Good Hunting !

Wtg sniffing out the goodies. Yep that's a barrel tap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back