Birky
Full Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Today's finds at an early 1900's home site- a bit of silver and a ton of junk!
So I FINALLY got out to a decent spot today and as a beginner MD'er I don't think I did too badly
I moved very slowly and tried to be methodical in my approach so even in the 4-6 hours I spent there I didn't even seem to cover a 3rd of the lot which is around 2 acres.
Besides that I had a blast and that's really all that matters isn't it?
I stuck with the 5x8DD on my AT Pro I was able to come up with the following:


-1 1945 wheatie
-1 1945 Jefferson nickel
-1 1956 Rosie
-1 1907 Funf Mark?!? I was in shock when I first saw the size of the silver I had in front of me.. Turns out it's not worth much but I'm still thrilled to have found it!
- A pretty decent arrowhead which came out of the same hole as the toy gun (which was almost a foot down)
-$1.55 in clad
And a mountain of junk...naturally
And the addiction grows....
Enjoy,
Chris
So I FINALLY got out to a decent spot today and as a beginner MD'er I don't think I did too badly
I moved very slowly and tried to be methodical in my approach so even in the 4-6 hours I spent there I didn't even seem to cover a 3rd of the lot which is around 2 acres.Besides that I had a blast and that's really all that matters isn't it?
I stuck with the 5x8DD on my AT Pro I was able to come up with the following:


-1 1945 wheatie
-1 1945 Jefferson nickel
-1 1956 Rosie
-1 1907 Funf Mark?!? I was in shock when I first saw the size of the silver I had in front of me.. Turns out it's not worth much but I'm still thrilled to have found it!
- A pretty decent arrowhead which came out of the same hole as the toy gun (which was almost a foot down)
-$1.55 in clad
And a mountain of junk...naturally

And the addiction grows....
Enjoy,
Chris







