What's new

todays finds.. odd kind of day

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today's finds.. odd kind of day

no points at all today. two scrapers. figured I would just post all. biggest deer teeth I think I've ever found. 1 piece is pretty interesting though. it's rolled metal. at first I was thinking tinker or maybe spearhead. but I don't know.. never found any native american metal artifacts. it's not copper.. its magnetic. but shows no rust...dunno. please excuse the hands they took a beating today.

IMG_20120715_184039-1.webp



ForumRunner_20120715_205104.webp



ForumRunner_20120715_205245.webp



ForumRunner_20120715_205544.webp



ForumRunner_20120715_205913.webp
 
Upvote 0
ha ha ha.... you're a trip.. I think river rat is going to get ADM. to do it
 
Just to let you know we're working on the name change. Anyway, those are some awesome finds...I love finding pottery pieces with designs.
 
me too.. thanks for the help
 
must be a southern thing ...surprised it hasnt caught on over your way gatorboy
 
I saw the pottery steak too
 
hey rat do you make gumbo?
 
hey rat do you make gumbo?

why im asking is well i guess i coulda googled it but whats that thickener stuff called for gumbo
 
good cajuns let the okra do it
 
GATORBOY!! LOL thats awesome ...ok i think ive found my calling here at tnet ive now given you a new name i made an avatar for 1320 who's next riverrat???? do you need a makeover?

was just wondering about the gumbo i buy sassafrass leaves from folks and resell to another dealer and just found out they were selling to a gumbo thickener co. lol all along i was thinking they were making tea from it.
 
ha ha ha ha..... that is much better. thanks both of you.
 
I love the pottery steaks...LOL! Gumbo is a little of this & a little of that thrown in a pot & cooked all day long. Sassafras leaves are ground up for file'. The roots are for making tea.

I have many avatar pics, I swap around all the time.
 
mmmmm.. when did this change into the recipe forum? lol.
 
yeah file' . I buy rossed sass roots from diggers and resell it not much though it don't pay well so noone fools with it much, i started buying the sass leaves a few years ago because a fellow dealer found market for it i just had assumed it was for tea as well but I recently found out it was for file' i felt pretty stupid. As i have come to understand there is basically only one company that makes it. I just had forgotten what it was called (file')

hey gatorboy its rats fault she started it because she was showing us how to cook artifacts .

my favorite recipe is for disaster.
 
I knew what gumbo was just never tried it before i dont think id like it . its meat, potatoes, veg side like coleslaw and rolls or biscuits for dinner here every night i usually dont stray too far from what im familiar with.....

lol talking about food sorry
 
just put it all in 1 pot add some cayenne pepper.... ta da.. gumbo
 
no thanks ill stick to my fried chicken and meatloaf etc lol
 
was just thinking....whenever you and me have a disagreement or you do something wrong i can remind you like they do in the movies who made you .

exp. reinactment ......GATORBOY-- hey sohio i disagree with you thats just a rock
Sohio -- no gatorboy that pc is clearly an artifact
Gatorboy -- you clearly don't know anything about just rocks
Sohio -- you clearly have forgotten who made you, without me you are just alwayslearnin
Gatorboy --- Arrrrrr you so smart sohio why did i ever question your superiority
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom