Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
those are some pretty nice finds. that park must not get hunted much
Surprising quite the opposite. This is a relatively small area of the park that had been used for many group hunts and continuously hunted by other over many years. There used to be a large fountain in the center and a spot where people used to sit in the grass and congregate going back to early 1900s. However, the parks department keeps modifying it; moving dirt around and such. And, with my new detector am reaching depths previously could not.

OP
OP
Clad Crusader

Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. It's hard to find an early nickel with a legible date.
Definitely the best looking silver war nickel I have found. Despite the 35% silver content it still rang up as a consistent 26 which is the norm for regular nickels on the Legend.

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coming from the AT Pro which I still like but feel as if I’m hitting new depths with the Legend and smacking on a wider range of targets with the multi frequency. Enjoying it
I’m an AT Pro fan, myself, and had the darndest time learning to ground balance with the Legend. Because the Pro ground balance button is on the lower right, I kept turning the unit off. All in all, the Legend is quite a machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread