Today’s Finds xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Ahh day one of our long weekend, so decided to try a new field, this area has great potential as alongside a Roman Road, Roman Villa and Roman field system all in the field above this one, plus it is on the top of an escarpment….. But we only had the failed crop area to do, around one side and the bottom, so furthest away from potential action, but thought we would give it a go, as you never know 😆 xx

i started off well with this buckle, but then all went quiet, the next piece doesn’t look much, but I think it’s old… then himself found half a spur, then it went a bit quiet, not much lead, but plenty of iron signals… the end of a teaspoon near the remains of an Ambulance and trailer, pic of the ambulance at the end, couple of nice buttons, along with the usual suspects, my only coin was this George 3rd (small head) and himself picked up a bit of tesserae…. Which could mean excitement is awaiting us under the crop 🤔 …. Xx

Would you look at this view 😍 pic 1,2,3 go next to each other…we are on the opposite side of the valley looking back at where we have been detecting the last few weeks… xx

IMG_2976.jpeg
IMG_2977.jpeg
IMG_2978.jpeg
IMG_2979.jpeg
IMG_2981.jpeg
IMG_2980.jpeg
IMG_2983.jpeg
IMG_2982.jpeg
IMG_2984.jpeg
IMG_2985.jpeg
IMG_2987.jpeg
IMG_2966.jpeg
IMG_2965.jpeg
IMG_2964.jpeg
IMG_2968.jpeg
IMG_2971.jpeg

Upvote 25
Congrats!
And fresh terrain in the bargain.

Time and individual crests wrested for possession again and again until another inevitable uneasy truce left it the realm of relics.
Which it would be all along.. The relics outliving the individuals. Individuals creating relics by their (the relics) wait.

img_2971-jpeg.2150956

Do you use your phone for pictures?, beautiful work, very pleasant to look at.

That is a lovely looking buckle, the patina on it is dripping in history.
Lots of potential in all those fields, a whole valley of dreams.

what your ambulance originally was -

Ahh day one of our long weekend, so decided to try a new field, this area has great potential as alongside a Roman Road, Roman Villa and Roman field system all in the field above this one, plus it is on the top of an escarpment….. But we only had the failed crop area to do, around one side and the bottom, so furthest away from potential action, but thought we would give it a go, as you never know 😆 xx

i started off well with this buckle, but then all went quiet, the next piece doesn’t look much, but I think it’s old… then himself found half a spur, then it went a bit quiet, not much lead, but plenty of iron signals… the end of a teaspoon near the remains of an Ambulance and trailer, pic of the ambulance at the end, couple of nice buttons, along with the usual suspects, my only coin was this George 3rd (small head) and himself picked up a bit of tesserae…. Which could mean excitement is awaiting us under the crop 🤔 …. Xx

Would you look at this view 😍 pic 1,2,3 go next to each other…we are on the opposite side of the valley looking back at where we have been detecting the last few weeks… xx

View attachment 2150941View attachment 2150942View attachment 2150943View attachment 2150944View attachment 2150945View attachment 2150946View attachment 2150947View attachment 2150948View attachment 2150949View attachment 2150950View attachment 2150951View attachment 2150952View attachment 2150953View attachment 2150954View attachment 2150955View attachment 2150956
Pic 9 had me fooled for a moment...thought it was a scenery shot...
Congrats!

Time and individual crests wrested for possession again and again until another inevitable uneasy truce left it the realm of relics.
Which it would be all along.. The relics outliving the individuals. Individuals creating relics by their (the relics) wait.

img_2971-jpeg.2150956
Nicely said.

Congrats!

img_2971-jpeg.2150956
You have a great way of putting your thoughts into words
Thanks again for sharing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back