What's new

Todays finds

SouthTexasFinds

Full Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Messages
189
Reaction score
198
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's finds

Sure seemed like a tool day. Have a few questionable pieces, and a bunch I'm still wondering why I brought home. I'll try and get some of the more interesting stuff on here and save the boring stuff for myself.
Seems like some are from quite different time periods. I found a GIANT grinding bowl that I should probably man up and drag home....but brought back a huge hammer stone instead for some reason :icon_scratch:

Thanks for looking

View attachment 956247View attachment 956250View attachment 956252View attachment 956253 image.webpimage.webp
image.webpimage.webp
image.webpimage.webp
image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 0
Man yeah. Bring home the grinding bowl for sure. Get a pic too. I always come home with stuff artifact or not. I just can't stop picking up rocks.
 
Thing was a monster. Might have to wait for some help next time I'm out there.
 
That's a lot of tools....and good pictures to!
 
Looks like the first 3 pictures didn't load.... Do they come up when you click on the attatchment link?
 
...no, it says "invalid attachments" & to notify adm.....sorry....but all the others are great!
 
A lot of tools :thumbsup: and that is a nice piece of palm wood you found, that you are holding :notworthy:
 
Thats a huge flake tool in the first pic. Rite where that hump is is where it was struck off the mother stone. Nice ripple
 
Thanks all. Here are the other two I tried posting
image.webpimage.webp


The one seems like some sort of strange spokeshave or wood working tool. Oddly symmetrical other that the work on the one corner. The other maybe a broken bone awl, or just something the coyotes were chewing on.
 
Last edited:
Forgot the 3rd. Not sure if this is just old, ugly, or a preform. ( maybe all
Three who knows)

image.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Last edited:
Dang you killed it nice finds Texas!!!!!
 
The bone and the other thing look natural. The last set of pics are all 3 pics the same item?
 
The bone and the other thing look natural. The last set of pics are all 3 pics the same item?

Yeah all three of the last post are the same item. I had my feelings about the bone, and only picked it up because I had found somthing next to it. As for the small rectangle with the bone, it has a large chip, with a bunch of smaller flaking. I'll try and get some better pictures of it. The Mrs. bought me a new camera not long ago so I'll have to see how it does up close
 
The last one is a point but it looks strange on the underside of it. Very cool looking piece
 
The cortex isnt altered except for the tiny part on the end is the reason I say natural on it.
 
1394334488970.webp1394334556146.webp1394334635121.webp1394334709688.webp1394334916832.webp


I'm having trouble getting the corner to show as well but should give you an idea. Let me know If you can see anything there
 
I see what you are seeing but if they were going to use it as a tool I believe they would of made a better edge on it. I do think they tested rocks to see if they would be able to later make something with them. I believe yours was probably going to be a knife in the future but they just didnt get to it. Its still a nice study piece.
 
I guess I just don't know why they would have put all the small flakes on it as a test. Thanks for checking everything out rock!1394336972409.webp1394337085546.webp
 
Maybe it has a bit of damage and it use to be in a U shape on the end. Im not from your area and have never seen a tool like it before.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom