What's new

Todays finds

bpfeiffer90

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2016
Messages
20
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Delaware
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's finds

I've been hunting on land with a house from the 1700s and I found what appears to be a musket ball but I'm not entirely sure if that's what it actually is. Also found some flat buttons, a harmonica reed and an old clip with holly leaves on it. Seems a bit big for a musket ball but figured I'd ask the experts!
 

Attachments

  • 1455761481853.webp
    1455761481853.webp
    81.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 1455761517306.webp
    1455761517306.webp
    59.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 1455761532121.webp
    1455761532121.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 16
I bet theres lots of good stuff to find there. I was guessing maybe the top of an iron fence how they had those balls on top all the way along just a guess. I hope its a Musketball that would be awesome. Good Job!!!
 
I find lots of Lead Balls that size. But we have gun history starting in the 16th C & lots in the 17th C. I also have a much bigger one, that I thought to be from a blunderbuss.
 
I find lots of Lead Balls that size. But we have gun history starting in the 16th C & lots in the 17th C. I also have a much bigger one, that I thought to be from a blunderbuss.
You will have to come and do the Yorkshire Dragoons firing range I have, those buggers are massive.

Looks like a musket ball to me, you can see where the lead spew has been cut off.

SS
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom