Todays finds

donotstack

Mar 14, 2023
Just out for an hour. Wanted to try my Manticore in a heavily trashed site to see it the extra money was worth it. Must say, I have detected for over 30 years and the 2d screen on this detector in my opinion is well worth it. It had shown all the trash and I managed to pull this 1924 Indian out from underneath some trash. It registered lower than I thought it should have but this detector is new to me so I am still tuning it in. The site dates back to the 1700s but they have flooded out the valley for a reservoir. Lots of spent bullets and old wire, but dating back 300 years I figured might as well just try it out and see if I could pull anything. Love Indians as I dont pull alot of them.

Attachments

• 20230330_175706.jpg
    20230330_175706.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 20230330_175717.jpg
    20230330_175717.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 35
Upvote 24

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just out for an hour. Wanted to try my Manticore in a heavily trashed site to see it the extra money was worth it. Must say, I have detected for over 30 years and the 2d screen on this detector in my opinion is well worth it. It had shown all the trash and I managed to pull this 1924 Indian out from underneath some trash. It registered lower than I thought it should have but this detector is new to me so I am still tuning it in. The site dates back to the 1700s but they have flooded out the valley for a reservoir. Lots of spent bullets and old wire, but dating back 300 years I figured might as well just try it out and see if I could pull anything. Love Indians as I dont pull alot of them.
Early Buff!!! Cool!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Liking the patina on that one, congrats on the recovery and your new machine.
In trashy areas other metals alum/iron will knock down, or play around with the VDI #'s on the machines.
The main thing is to learn that, and one will be pulling the keepers out as this is for sure.

hampton detector

Feb 15, 2023
Very nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread