Phillip_in_NM
Full Member
- Joined
- Jul 15, 2006
- Messages
- 240
- Reaction score
- 37
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Land of Enchantment
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Today's Half-Dollar Heartstopper...
....turned out to be a huge letdown.
I picked up $40 in rolls at a local bank. The tellers apologized for only having 4 rolls. When they handed them to me, I noticed that two were marked "1967 SILVER". I very nearly wet myself!
I was salivating while walking to the car. Got in, and with trembling hands, opened the first marked roll (drum roll). What did I find? Not a single silver half!!! In fact, not a single half earlier than 2000!!!
Then, ever hopeful, I opened the second marked roll. SAME THING!!!
AARGHHHHH!!!

Then opened the other two rolls and found.... one 1967!
Well, it wasn't what I had hoped but at least it wasn't a skunk!!!
And, boy, if I ever get my hands on the rascal that reused those marked rolls.....
....turned out to be a huge letdown.
I picked up $40 in rolls at a local bank. The tellers apologized for only having 4 rolls. When they handed them to me, I noticed that two were marked "1967 SILVER". I very nearly wet myself!
I was salivating while walking to the car. Got in, and with trembling hands, opened the first marked roll (drum roll). What did I find? Not a single silver half!!! In fact, not a single half earlier than 2000!!!
Then, ever hopeful, I opened the second marked roll. SAME THING!!!
AARGHHHHH!!!

Then opened the other two rolls and found.... one 1967!
Well, it wasn't what I had hoped but at least it wasn't a skunk!!!
And, boy, if I ever get my hands on the rascal that reused those marked rolls.....

Upvote
0








