What's new

Todays halves n Dimes (pics)

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
1,915
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on my way to get some metal detecting in today with a friend, and on the way I had just enough time to stop at a couple banks. One bank had $280 in halves. The next 2 banks I hit only had a few loose. I searched them before I met up for the metal detecting. In the rolls I got 5 40%, and 1 64 ken as well. Good start to the day.
The detecting was fun, but I didn't find much. On the way home I got to stop at a few more banks. only got a few more rolls, which produced nothing. But I got some more loose also, and I got 2 more 40%. One of which was tampered with severely. Not sure if someone did this because they knew it was silver and they hate coin roll hunters. Or maybe they just thought it was any old half dollar, and decided to be funny. Either way, it is a 68 ken that's mangled. Still silver though, and I will gladly keep it. I got $135 in dimes on the way home too, got a 57 and a 64 rosie.

So 7 40% and 1 90% today, and 2 rosies. The streak hits 21 straight. I hope tomorrow is successful too, as I do plan on more detecting and roll hunting.
Here are some pics, enjoy.
 

Attachments

  • sept 27 silver.webp
    sept 27 silver.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 326
  • stack sept.webp
    stack sept.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 313
  • F U silver2.webp
    F U silver2.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 310
  • bleep.webp
    bleep.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0
Tim,
I'd save the marked one...It's a relic. Ha! Glad to see that your streak is alive and well. Two more days and you tie me. Hope you do it.
Stay well
rileyboy
 
The marked one needs to be sent in to be graded! Just so you can have it in an awesome graded case! hahahaha :laughing7:


-bigJ
 
More to add to the pile--albeit an unusal coin to add to the collection. :laughing9:

apush :read2:
 
Wow you got my tag.... lol..... Just kidding.

It's melt value is pretty close to a shiney mint condition one so your doing just fine.

mojo
 
Good score, hope your streak keeps on going :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
The marked coin really doesn't bother me, it's still worth it's weight. Besides, I've seen other clad halves that someone took a drumel to also. Not sure why people would waste their time doing it. I haven't decided if I should put it in the collection, or the stash.
Thanks guys, I really feel fortunate to be able to keep finding it like this. Before this run I was very happy at my previous best and it was only 6 in a row. My strategy has changed alot since I started, and I feel like I've got it down pretty well.

Anyone else ever get mangled silver?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom