What's new

Todays Halves

kbinski

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2008
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Today's Halves

Went and bought $50 in halves today, one $10 roll and two $20 rolls. I had high hopes for the long rolls and found one 1969 40%. I also noticed that one was considerably shorter than the other. $1.50 short, which more than cancels out the one 40%silver I did find. At least it was a half I needed for my set.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Today's Halves

Good score, the one you needed. I like those $20. Wait until you find one full of silver :thumbsup:
 
Re: Today's Halves

I have never run across a non-$10 roll.

I take it all the 15-20 dollar rolls are all handmade... or did some company at one point or another make long rolls?

Grats on your 40%, btw.

~Dave
 
Re: Today's Halves

....for your viewing pleasure, a factory made, customer filled "dream roll".
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_10.webp
    ScreenHunter_10.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 321
  • ScreenHunter_11.webp
    ScreenHunter_11.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 326
  • ScreenHunter_12.webp
    ScreenHunter_12.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 325
Re: Today's Halves

WOW thats exactly what I was hoping for but no such luck
 
Re: Today's Halves

kbinski said:
WOW thats exactly what I was hoping for but no such luck
Keep looking. Sooner or later, BLAM :thumbsup:
 
Re: Today's Halves

Also... I just noticed that "silver" is writen on the roll in pencil.

Is that your handy work or did it come that way? It certainly wouldn't be the first time that rolls like that were bought from banks... already labeled with dates or the world silver... etc. Always fun to see them though... makes you think of why they got turned in.

~Dave
 
Re: Today's Halves

BBcardsRI said:
Also... I just noticed that "silver" is writen on the roll in pencil.

Is that your handy work or did it come that way? It certainly wouldn't be the first time that rolls like that were bought from banks... already labeled with dates or the world silver... etc. Always fun to see them though... makes you think of why they got turned in.

~Dave
What you see is the way I got them.
 
Re: Today's Halves

scrounger said:
never saw long rolls like this.n i been huntin a long time. looks old.is the 3-63, date related ?
I would like to think so. That is how it came. I still have that roll.
 
Re: Today's Halves

You almost need to feel bad for the poor person who turned them in. Someone probably passed away or got put into a home or something and then a spouse or other relative found the rolls of coin and cashed them... too stupid to read "silver" on the roll and/or know what it meant.

Works for those of us who get lucky and buy those rolls though.

Out of my solid silver dime rolls from the summer that I found in once big score, half of them had either years or other things written on them that would have screamed SILVER! to anyone who knew a thing about coins... not to mention the rolls were old looking.

Their loss... our gain. ;)

~Dave
 
Re: Today's Halves

Thanks S_F, did you "halve" to post those pics? Good old days. I picked up two $20 rolls back in May. Half full of silver, 40 and 90%. AMC
 
Re: Today's Halves

AMC rulz said:
Thanks S_F, did you "halve" to post those pics? Good old days. I picked up two $20 rolls back in May. Half full of silver, 40 and 90%. AMC
Nice. Yea I got 3 homemade $20's last month loaded with silver.
 
Re: Today's Halves

All the more reason to think that the $20 rolls were made decades ago. =) Hoarded for years and years along with the old coins.

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom