Todays hunt...big Civil War brass!

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been awhile since I have posted here. With my work schedule and the holidays it's been difficult to get some good long hunts in. It's been mostly just a few hours here and there. I got out this past Sat morning and got a 69 cal. minie right on top the ground, but that was it for that site. Today I decided to do some scouting around and towards the end of the day hit a spot that produced my first big Civil War brass since this spring.... the scabbard for a 1840 NCO's sword! This is a first for me and I was definitely not expecting it. Around the area I found minies, melted lead and a broken pocket knife. I have high hopes for this spot to produce some more relics in 2012. Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays!

Attachments

• sword scabbard.jpg
    sword scabbard.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,171
  • 26 dec finds.jpg
    26 dec finds.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,197
  • bullet 1.jpg
    bullet 1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,179
  • bullet 2.jpg
    bullet 2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,174
  • bullet 3.jpg
    bullet 3.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,179
  • surface find.jpg
    surface find.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,157
Upvote 0
OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RockyDig said:
Hutch911 said:
Sweet NCO sword scabbard drag!!!!! I dug one a few weeks ago. Don't see them show up very often :icon_thumright: great finds !!!

Yeah, nice drag...when Hutch pulled his we talked about how none of us had seen one of those posted, than BAM, here's another one. Great job!
I have noticed that uncommon finds seem to come in waves here on T-net

wyattearp

Greenie
Dec 24, 2011
South Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7, CZ-3D, CZ-70 Pro, F75, F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sekypaleo said:
wyattearp said:
That brass sided pocket knife....... it should have been made by Waterbury same company that makes those great brass buttons. Very rare find and for sure Civil War era... I have one that I recovered both sides of. I Put feelers out on some of the knife forums and no one has seen one or has one. I would love to find one (non-dug) still in decent condition to buy.
You did real good....congrats on a very rare find
Knife says: W & ? BRASINGTON . SHEFFIELD

Sekypaleo,
That knife was made by:

1850's Civil War pocket knife, mdk. “W.&C. Brasington Sheffield” (England). Dug Spanish Fort , AL.
Info Taken from a large personal collection list of Civil War items to be auctioned off.

OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wyattearp said:
sekypaleo said:
wyattearp said:
That brass sided pocket knife....... it should have been made by Waterbury same company that makes those great brass buttons. Very rare find and for sure Civil War era... I have one that I recovered both sides of. I Put feelers out on some of the knife forums and no one has seen one or has one. I would love to find one (non-dug) still in decent condition to buy.
You did real good....congrats on a very rare find
Knife says: W & ? BRASINGTON . SHEFFIELD

Sekypaleo,
That knife was made by:

1850's Civil War pocket knife, mdk. “W.&C. Brasington Sheffield” (England). Dug Spanish Fort , AL.
Info Taken from a large personal collection list of Civil War items to be auctioned off.
Cool info, ThankS!!!!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sword drag is spectacular my friend. That find alone would make the day of any knowledgable relic hunter, however, you've also found some bullets and other relics to go with it. A FINE day of digging to you Sir :occasion14:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
That sword drag is spectacular my friend. That find alone would make the day of any knowledgable relic hunter, however, you've also found some bullets and other relics to go with it. A FINE day of digging to you Sir :occasion14:

I agree Josh. Those are some fantastic finds. I enjoy your posts Bill and I can't wait to see what you find next.

OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
Thanks Josh!!

OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasurehound said:
{Sentinel} said:

I agree Josh. Those are some fantastic finds. I enjoy your posts Bill and I can't wait to see what you find next.
Thanks Randy...you've made some awesome finds this year also...wishing you the best in 2012!

Elliott Ness

Dec 1, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac / Garett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice relics. I can't wait to see what else you find there. Keep it coming. :icon_thumright:

campbluegrass

Aug 21, 2011
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2, Garret Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Bill!!!!

Unbelievable... I'm at a loss for words. I really am. Congrats and I guess that answers what kind of day you had! Talk to you soon...

Greg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread