Todays hunt with a new hunting buddy...

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's hunt with a new hunting buddy...

Robo99 came up to Oklahoma today to do a little detecting.. We were really coinhunting and he had a great find, but I ended up finding more relics than coins. He brought the SE and had coil issues so he used my E-Trac coil to test. I used the Deus. We hunted one spot that was a waste of time. I did manage a 42 wheat but, a few clad was it. So we moved to a spot where I had done really well last year and hit the backyard. After hunting there all day, I think that someone had cherry picked it before us but, we still came out with some goods..
My first find of the yard was this pocket watch or stopwatch.
prSbC.jpg
NRWVc.jpg

I found another wheat and it was a 1919.
NCsaO.jpg

I found 3 nickels, a 41 Jeff, and two no date buffs.
EwHZO.jpg

While Robo was making his find of the day, I had a large piece of iron that was covering a lot of area so I wanted to dig it up to make sure there wasn't any good targets being covered by it.. It has to be my biggest cool relic in a while..
pfWem.jpg

This thing measures 16 1/2 inches from tip to blade end...
jTo2u.jpg

and the blade length was 5 1/2 inches. This thing is massive
sAdAD.jpg

There is an interesting story from the early days of Durant. Just across the street from where we were at was the scene of a grizzly murder. A Jewish couple's daughter was murdered in the house. The killer(s) left the scene, and fled down the street and headed to a house that was being built at the time. The workers the next day found a set of bloody clothes in what was then the basement. The mother was so distraught that she burned her home down, and it was later rebuilt. Now I don't know if they know what the murder weapon was or if it was found.. But am going to check on it. We are still trying to figure out why a cleaver of this size was buried in this yard. I don't think this house was here at the time of the story. It is in line with where the clothes were found..​

After finding that, I found several other relics, including this pocket watch back(doesn't fit the other).
eQ6AR.jpg
SWMLw.jpg

hcOvS.jpg

Also a piece of Durant's history with this token....Robo99 said this explained the bankers hours saying.. they usually work till about 10 then go home..lol
tNmzI.jpg
bCTFp.jpg

And this cub scout button
JtAcF.jpg

We had fun didn't find alot of coins, but some good laughs and am ready to hunt again... Hope you enjoyed the read..
nYQXx.jpg

Upvote 0

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you have a toy locomotive drive wheel there too....upper right, last pic. Nice 80% silver watch case back!

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, love that watch back, too bad the rest wasn't there..

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds :thumbsup:
Thanks bud..

I think you have a toy locomotive drive wheel there too....upper right, last pic. Nice 80% silver watch case back!
That's what I was thinking.. thanks for the reply

Nice finds, love that watch back, too bad the rest wasn't there..
lol Yeah, thats the second in week.. the other was gold.. I looked hard for the rest of it...

nice findings.....HH
thank you...

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , like the watch back can't beat sliver but still like finding IH nickels one of my many favorites. CONGRATS

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds , like the watch back can't beat sliver but still like finding IH nickels one of my many favorites. CONGRATS
thanks bud.. I like the buffs too...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread