crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Everyone. I send out an invitational hunting Post today in hopes to have some other local members come over for a hunt at some of my hunting spots before winter arrives. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing but I did have one member from TNet and Buckeye treasurehunters, Terry Everley come down as he live 30 minutes away.

We headed over to my favorite spots in the little village of Woodstock. With so many places to hunt and so little time we decided to hit the school grounds and the old ball field which dates from the 1800's. I'll let him do his own posting on what he found. After hunting there and some of my other spots the clock was winding down quickly. We finished the hunt off before dark at the recently cut soy bean field where a home stood from the 1860's to the 70's. I was able to score one merc within 20 minutes and an 1917 Wheat. I also found a 1919 Wheat at another spot. I didn't come away with a whole lot of goodies today but silver is always a good thing.

I found an old cap gun (Pony Boy) from what era I don't know. Also an old clock gear, misc. clad and some other items not worth mentioning. I also found a thimble with John Hancock mutual life Boston, Mass. on it. Any ideas on that?? I'll close by saying that we had a good time and Terry is hot with his new E-trac. I like that machine and may consider one next spring. Thanks for looking. Ron

011-32.jpg

004-30.jpg

010-35.jpg

005-31.jpg

006-32.jpg

007-34.jpg

008-33.jpg

009-33.jpg

012-28.jpg

014-26.jpg

016-19.jpg

015-22.jpg

017-20.jpg

018-20.jpg

Upvote 0

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for having me along Ron enjoyed the day..and i dont know about being hot with my etrac..you did just as well with the ace 250!!!!

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
teverly said:
Thanks for having me along Ron enjoyed the day..and i dont know about being hot with my etrac..you did just as well with the ace 250!!!!

No Problem. Thanks for good time. We'll do it again soon :icon_sunny:

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
nice crazy looks like you had a great hunt love the merc looks like in nice shape Thimbal was probably a give away from buying an insurance policy back in the day .nice wheats and love the little sword thingy .wtg hh rob. :coffee2: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
underdogger said:
nice crazy looks like you had a great hunt love the merc looks like in nice shape Thimbal was probably a give away from buying an insurance policy back in the day .nice wheats and love the little sword thingy .wtg hh rob. :coffee2: :thumbsup:

Thanks Rob. I figured it was a freebee just don't know what year ???

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Nice finds and pics ! Sound like you had a good day and glad the weather held up for your hunt. :icon_thumright: (rained here today most of the day)

TommNJ

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TommNJ said:
Nice finds and pics ! Sound like you had a good day and glad the weather held up for your hunt. :icon_thumright: (rained here today most of the day)

TommNJ

Thanks Tom. I was in Pa. a few days ago close to Philladelphia and the weather sucked. It's going to be close to 70 by Wed. We should be in the 60's but was in the low 40's for days. Fall weather is great for hunting

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
I agree, the fall is a excellent time to hunt CJH, no bugs / moist ground / weeds dying off / etc. I've been getting out when I can but no great finds lately, the usual shotgun shells, bullets and a few wheats here & there.

TommNJ

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice merc congrats.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
garthbfan169 said:
Some kool stuff there crazy. I bet you would like to find the rest of the clock!! :thumbsup: :headbang:

I found another part of one a few days ago from 1881. Don't know if it was the same or not

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you two had fun,wtg! Kane 23

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice to hunt with buddies, especially when you catch some keepers. Nice job there Crazy! Congrats. :thumbsup: jgas

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good finds Ron, Terry is a great guy to hunt with!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't rub coins, it will leave scratches! Nice job

HH
-GC

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love to see those silver discs come up out of the ground.

Nice pics, looks like you have a great big field to hunt!

HH
Rusted

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread