Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HeyThere FunWithTreasure,

I'm glad to see your are getting a bit of gold and I'm also glad that you are enjoying yourself while you are out there prospecting. It is exciting when the gold pops up in the bottom of your pan however, if I did not enjoy being out there in the country/wilds/mountains I would not have nearly as much fun as I do and I suspect you feel the same. By the way, what kind of equipment are you using?

Enjoy yourself, 63bkpkr

OP
OP
FunWithTreasure

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
63bkpkr said:
HeyThere FunWithTreasure,

I'm glad to see your are getting a bit of gold and I'm also glad that you are enjoying yourself while you are out there prospecting. It is exciting when the gold pops up in the bottom of your pan however, if I did not enjoy being out there in the country/wilds/mountains I would not have nearly as much fun as I do and I suspect you feel the same. By the way, what kind of equipment are you using?

Enjoy yourself, 63bkpkr

I definitly just do it for the senery, sounds of the water, smells, nature. I would have to be nuts to do it for the gold..lol with 2 specs a day..hehe but it is neat to find something. I keep putting the specs in a vial and it is starting to look alittle impressive for NY gold..Since 2 years ago when I asked if it could be found I was told by a ton of people there is no gold in NY.. I use a modified Keene A52 Sluice and a pan. I classify the material to 1/20 run it slow. Added rubber matt to the sluice up top and cut the carpet area in half.. It works.. What a good time finding it. Here are some pics of my gold finds in ny for the year.

Attachments

• MVC-017F.JPG
    MVC-017F.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 413
  • MVC-018F.JPG
    MVC-018F.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 418

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FWT,
Hi Again - I have the same model sluice, purchased it this year. I've posted my finds and pics of my equipment under the sluicing section. When Tneters that know how to use a sluice looked at my pictures they gave me all sorts of inputs on how to use it properly, see the Trip & Test Report. Biggest thing is to have the riffles just under water and not much more. Then there are some videos about what the proper water flow, from angle and amount of water, should look like going down the trough, the surface of the water should naturally form an "X". In your finds picture it looked like you had one piece that was a nice size, good on ya.

I've pulled out some nice nuggets, for me that is, this year but I moved tons of boulders and put in some heavy hours for my Treasure. You are so right about the fresh air, the sound of the water, the scent in the forest, being out in nature and at times being alone out there. Of course there are always some sort of animals around and seeing them can also be fun. You should also have a lot of area history around you, ever come across some really old relics?

Continue having fun out there and good luck, 63bkpkr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: I righteously luv it--all I've ever heard is"GOLD IN NEW YORK BLAH BLAH BLAH BS BS NO WAY" and here it is good old glaciel gold and IN NY- :laughing9: thanx much-tons a au 2 u 2-John :headbang:

OP
OP
FunWithTreasure

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
Hoser John said:
:icon_thumleft: I righteously luv it--all I've ever heard is"GOLD IN NEW YORK BLAH BLAH BLAH BS BS NO WAY" and here it is good old glaciel gold and IN NY- :laughing9: thanx much-tons a au 2 u 2-John :headbang:

Ive heard the same thing for years no gold in ny. At first I thought they where right. I put in tons of hours with nothing. Then one day I was in a stream high in the Catskills and got a nice spec. I never went back to the spot because it was to far to go. But I knew there was gold. So I started around my house hit tons of streams.. Nothing Nothing Nothing. Then I found the stream where I go now. It was on State land so it was a no no. But about 7 Miles down stream it runs right threw a farmers yard and he told me have a ball.. So thats where all my NY gold comes from.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions