Mike95inNJ
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Nov 2, 2006
- Messages
- 1,128
- Reaction score
- 42
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- New Jersey
- Detector(s) used
- Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Today's Relic hunt 1908-O Barber quarter
Got out with my buddies today to a new site. It sure looked promising, but turned out to be not so good. We had our breakfast then drove to the farmer's house so George could work his permission magic. I found the smaller buckle within ten minutes at around 10" and the small flat button about 5 minutes later. That would be it for quite some time. We all branched out to find the hot spot that was never found. Only one coin found there and it's a 1905 one pfennig. After Donny and Sam left George and I we're making our way back to the car when George mentioned a site he hunted 10 yrs ago right down the street so we headed there for a quick half hour hunt. He had found a couple reales and some coppers there in the past. George found the button with some gold still on it. I found trash. Detecting our way back to the car I found the 1908-O Barber quarter around 3" down. At first I thought it was a clad quarter until I flipped it over to see the eagle. My goal for the day was to find Colonial silver, but a Barber is a welcomed addition anyday in my book. The first six pics are my finds and the last one is George's. Good luck out there.
HH, Mike in NJ
Got out with my buddies today to a new site. It sure looked promising, but turned out to be not so good. We had our breakfast then drove to the farmer's house so George could work his permission magic. I found the smaller buckle within ten minutes at around 10" and the small flat button about 5 minutes later. That would be it for quite some time. We all branched out to find the hot spot that was never found. Only one coin found there and it's a 1905 one pfennig. After Donny and Sam left George and I we're making our way back to the car when George mentioned a site he hunted 10 yrs ago right down the street so we headed there for a quick half hour hunt. He had found a couple reales and some coppers there in the past. George found the button with some gold still on it. I found trash. Detecting our way back to the car I found the 1908-O Barber quarter around 3" down. At first I thought it was a clad quarter until I flipped it over to see the eagle. My goal for the day was to find Colonial silver, but a Barber is a welcomed addition anyday in my book. The first six pics are my finds and the last one is George's. Good luck out there.
HH, Mike in NJ
Attachments
Upvote
0
RR
Darn, that is the 1st time in awhile. :P







