picker1733

Dec 20, 2012
somewhere in philadelphia
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl iii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today's relic's

Hey guy's. I'm pretty sure one of the piece's is a old piece from a safe or luggage chest. But i'm not sure of the other two item's. the one on the stick, that was the second one i found within a 100 yard radius. the other piece, look's like some kind of primitive doctor's instrument/weapon of some sort.

Attachments

• 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 88

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you have there that is on the right side of picture #2 and #3, is a flower holder. The other is a keyhole cover.

il_fullxfull_358245564_bres.jpg

The above item rests at the bottom of a container and helps to hold the flowers and other plants more upright.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daveml

Greenie
Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Picker,
I reckon you are right with the first being an 'Escutcheon' plate for a lock,

and possibly the second item (is base Lead ?) could be a weight for 'Flower arranging' in a vase where the flowers were spiked onto item and weight and spikes kept flowers straight.

Daveml.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

picker1733

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl iii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank's old digger. the park i hunted is over a 150 year's old. But i think i missed out on most of the old coin's, since i just started md'ing.

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank's old digger. the park i hunted is over a 150 year's old. But i think i missed out on most of the old coin's, since i just started md'ing.

Go back and just take your time, slowly. Listen carefully to those faint but strong signals, and you may be rewarded. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

picker1733

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl iii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good tip Old digger. Thank's! I need to update my rig. swinging a white's classic ii. It's ok, but i need something better, something with an id grid. i'm thinking the mxt pro for my next detector.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread