Todays results. Not good!

smoke63b

Sep 17, 2009
Today's results. Not good!

Today was the first day I really picked up coins and tried this out. I got $300 in halves, $200 in dimes and $200 in quarters just because that's what they had. This was all coin machine turn in money.

Complete Skunk. Nothing.

Pretty depressing for a first outing. I think I'm just gonna order a box of halves and try that out for my next go. There's barely any chance of getting hand rolls/coin bags at any bank locally because of another CRH'er in the area. The big bank told me he spends about 5k to 10k a DAY at that bank buying ALL the turn in's on the coin machines and buying boxes and then he goes to every other bank in this town and does the same thing. They said they think he spends around 20k a day picking up coins and hunting them. Depressing to say the least... I don't have the time to be taking road trips every week to pick up coins so I'll just be trying out boxes that I order.

What are the chances of getting boxes full of dumps when you order them? Is that even possible?

Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's results. Not good!

That's pretty rough man. It is possible and fairly likely to get skunked on orders. Just read the posts here. Usually we only post the good stuff, but some of the posts lately are about the skunks. Sounds like ordering may be the only way to go in your situation though. I think I saw your monster hunter. He came to my town on a road trip and I stayed the hell out of his way. I did get this photo though:

godzilla.jpg

Good luck,
Kantuck

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hang in there. You can beat others at their game, just keep being persistant and getting to know tellers. I had a teller tell me that a guy always buys all their halfs in the bank but she doesnt like him. She said she was going to start saving them for me. Told me she would call when she gets them in. If your monster doesnt work during the day and you do, it might be hard. But small victories can lead to good results, just have to be persistant.

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250

I second that I have a good communication with tellers they have even called me at home to tell me they just had halves turned in. I am sure you can get skunked in boexes I always do and yes they can be searched before you get them Have had share of those to. I am guilty of rerolling 90 percent of halves I search and dumping them rolled as is except for the ones I use for gas or groceries. Course I dont care if someone else gets them to go through as i said before we are in this for ourselves, so if I can slow one crh down a little it helps my game . Thats just me though GREED GREED GREED SILVER SILVER SILVER :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread