What's new

Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

Just 1 40% today, I bought $1,000 (4 boxes of dimes) from the teller that sold me the box with the 33 silver dimes in it. Anybody ever find one of these? I knew it was going to be a forign coin because there was a dirty ring around the roll as the coin is just a tad bit larger than a US half. LOL - Would this be concidered "the peoples half"... ;D The edge doesn't have reeds like a US half, instead it has Russian writing all around it.
Anyone know what the coin is called so I can list it in GMan's thread?
Cool find though, I will keep it. :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2445.webp
    IMG_2445.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_2446.webp
    IMG_2446.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

That is a cool looking coin TF , never seen one of those before :thumbsup:, Ed
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

Yeah that is a first TF.

Golden Silver
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

I've never seen one of those before! Nice find.
- Grizz
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

never seen one before, cool.
Its a keeper. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

That would be 1 Rouble, Battle of Borodino - Soldiers...There are 4 different types at 1987... Beautiful coin great find... I have seen kopeks in the forum but I think this is a first... congratulations... My 2009 black book shipped today, I will check and let you know if it is valuable...
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

Cool find TF. :thumbsup:

The Trezurhunter.
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

That is a cool find, wtg :thumbsup:
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

That's a pretty awesome find. I'd be thrilled to get something like that in a roll ;D
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

Very cool find. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

awesome find :thumbsup: how did the dimes go? or skunked and thats what you meant when you said only 1 40% today either way neat find HH
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

Nah, I work 7 days a week but Mon. Tues. & Wed. I don't work nights so Im relaxin and drinkin some cold beers tonight, I will check the dimes in the morning. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

TreasureFiend said:
Nah, I work 7 days a week but Mon. Tues. & Wed. I don't work nights so Im relaxin and drinkin some cold beers tonight, I will check the dimes in the morning. :thumbsup:

cool cool keep us posted, good luck :D
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

Older Rouble, from the USSR. I've gotten a few coins from there. Different form Russian coins, as this was before the splits that occurred when the Union was split.

Nice find.
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

Unusual find. I'd keep it.
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

славная находка!
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

Piercesdad said:
славная находка!
I actually babelfished that to figure out what it meant.

But yeah TF that is a pretty neat find, I still haven't found a foreign coin in my halves.
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

I would of found it edge hunting as the edge is a silverish looking color. But what really tipped ,me off was the discolored paper wraper. This coin is a tad bit larger than the US halfs so it had a dark ring around the wraper. I have to say I was supprised to find it!!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

My 2009 black book shipped today, I will check and let you know if it is valuable...
i was always told "it is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt" but i have to ask "what is the black book? :icon_scratch:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom